Access 2003 Runtime - SP3 Checkboxes (1 Viewer)

ColinS

Local time
Today, 12:28
Office 2003 SP3 automatically installed this last week on a lot of machines as a critical update and this seems to have broken checkboxes on some of our Access 2003 Runtime apps that use them. Has anyone else seen this problem, and/or perhaps have a workaround.

The Access full versions (XP, 2003, 2007) all still run the same apps properly!

The only way to roll back to pre-Sp3 is to completely uninstall all of Office 2003, then reinstall again, including the runtime. Then block the SP3 update.

Colin

bradley.holt

Local time
Office 2003 SP3 automatically installed this last week on a lot of machines as a critical update and this seems to have broken checkboxes on some of our Access 2003 Runtime apps that use them. Has anyone else seen this problem, and/or perhaps have a workaround.

The Access full versions (XP, 2003, 2007) all still run the same apps properly!

The only way to roll back to pre-Sp3 is to completely uninstall all of Office 2003, then reinstall again, including the runtime. Then block the SP3 update.

Colin

I'm having the same problem and haven't found a workaround yet. Have you had any luck? The strange thing is if I make a new form and bind a checkbox on the new form to the same field, it works fine. I've looked through all of the properties on both the form and the checkbox to verify that they are the same. I then removed all VBA code for the form having the trouble. The new form works fine, the old form is still broken. I've tried a compact and repair and I've tried converting the file to an Access 2003 file format both with no luck. I should mention this is an ADP connected to SQL Server 2005. Everything worked fine until SP3.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:28
I'm having the same problem and haven't found a workaround yet. Have you had any luck? The strange thing is if I make a new form and bind a checkbox on the new form to the same field, it works fine. I've looked through all of the properties on both the form and the checkbox to verify that they are the same. I then removed all VBA code for the form having the trouble. The new form works fine, the old form is still broken. I've tried a compact and repair and I've tried converting the file to an Access 2003 file format both with no luck. I should mention this is an ADP connected to SQL Server 2005. Everything worked fine until SP3.

As ColinS mentioned, you would need to uninstall Office 2003 completely and then reinstall and then in your Microsoft Update - block the SP3 install.

I posted info here about what Woody's Office Watch said about the issue:

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=136019

bradley.holt

Local time
As ColinS mentioned, you would need to uninstall Office 2003 completely and then reinstall and then in your Microsoft Update - block the SP3 install.

I posted info here about what Woody's Office Watch said about the issue:

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=136019

Unfortunately that's not an option for me (I don't control what version of Access gets installed). Apparently this is a bug that Microsoft is aware of:

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...ad/e2de0c1453207f24/1dfee5c53cc582d5?lnk=raot

I've asked for a link to a knowledge base article or bug database entry on this, I'll post here if I get any more info.

ColinS

Local time
Unfortunately that's not an option for me (I don't control what version of Access gets installed). Apparently this is a bug that Microsoft is aware of:

------------

Thank you for the confirmation and the link. I had also found that checkboxes on new forms seem OK, but my app is quite large and re-coding it is not a real option.

Colin

bradley.holt

Local time

------------

Thank you for the confirmation and the link. I had also found that checkboxes on new forms seem OK, but my app is quite large and re-coding it is not a real option.

Colin

The application I'm working on is pretty large as well, I was just trying the checkbox on a new form to see if it would work - which, oddly, it did. I should have mentioned, one workaround is to use the space bar instead of clicking on the checkbox. This works for me, except some of my fields are manipulated through VBA (both value and locking/unlocking them) so the workaround doesn't work for those fields. Hopefully there's some sort of patch available soon from Microsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom