Form viewed in "Form View" is blank! help! (1 Viewer)

tungkee831

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:56
I wasn't able to find anything similar to my problem using the search so any help is greatly appreciated...

I've spent hours working on perfecting my form, but for some reason when I view the form in "Form View", only the header and footer show. When I click to view it in Design View, all my fields show up as they should. Before this happened, everything was viewable in the Form View. I've tried openning and closing MS Access, but the same symptoms occur. I'm using MS Access 2007 and I've checked the Microsoft help pages here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=blank+ms+access+form+view with no luck...

Again, any help in resolving my problem is greatly appreciated.

Tungkee

mayusri

Local time
Tungkee,
I think that you have set the visible property of your detail section to No. Set this to Yes and you should be able to see the fields. Hope this works!

jkl0

jkl0
Local time
Today, 18:56
Make sure there is at least one record to show.

Hope this helps?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 23:56
This link may help you. Having read the article it would explain why you can see header and footer but not the rest.

tungkee831

Registered User.
Local time
I have records in my database, so that's not the problem. I don't know how to set the Detail properties for visible to yes... In the properties window pane, there is Visible, with no option to do anything with it. When I click on code view, and then select the detail section, Visible is set to "True" so I believe this isn't the problem either. Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

-Tungkee

tungkee831

Registered User.
Local time
In fact, I can't seem to do anything in the Properties window pane. I set my form view to design view, and then click on the properties icon.. In the Properties window pane, there are a bunch of stuff that I can't seem to do anything with...

-Tungkee

mayusri

Local time
Tungkee,
Please could you elaborate on what tou mean that you cant seem to do anything in the properties window. Please check if you can do these things (Pardon me if I am asking you to do some basic things but we need this in order to debug the issue).Ensure you are using a .mdb file.
1. Open the form in design view.
2. Click on the properties window to bring it up.
3.Click on the detail section.Now the properties window should show the properties pertaining to the detail section.
4. Now click on the All tab to ensure that all your properties are displayed.
5. Now scroll to the property that says Visible and type Yes next to it to set the visible property to True.
Now go back and open the form in form view.
Hope this helps!

tungkee831

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

The MS Access file I am using is a .accdb file, not .mdb. This is where I may be on the wrong page. When I navigate to the Design View, and click on Properties, I then click on "all" to show everything... When I click on Visible, I am not given the option to type anything. It's as if the options there are just for looks.. which I know can't be the case, but I can't seem to do anything to edit those options...

I hope this information helps you help me.

-Tungkee

Colin@Toyota

What's an Access?
Local time
I don't know if this will help, but any advice you can use must be specific to access 2007...

Try this link... I didn't read all of it, but it might point you in the right direction

ryan

Local time
I have a similar issue in Microsoft Access 2007.
I have a form designed from one table using simple form. The table is related to nine other tables. Each related table is located in a tab in the form I designed. Currently, the nine related tables are empty, but the central table has data.
When I go to form view or layout view, the entire form is white between the header and footer. The footer will not function.
I believe it is caused when there is any relational problem with the form. In properties, my visible is set to yes and Alllow Additions is set to yes.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:56
this is probably a good time to attach your database for others to look at.

mjreiman

Registered User.
Local time
I recently ran into the same problem and thought it was because I was using a [Forms] in the query I was filtering from. I discovered that with this version of access that if you don't save the form in order for it to have a name to connect with, then sometimes it will come up blank. This is if you're trying to link it to instead of a bunch of unbound objects and you have done the first save in order to name it.

Hope this helped

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I had this earlier this week. Access didn't like my record source query. I was just trying to display some default values. The real data was in a subform.

The controls on the form were unbound and just got their default values from the Record Source. The Record Source was an aggregate query with fields for Max and Min from the same field in one table. This results in a single record with the maximum and minimum values and that was fine.

I tried to add a field from another table with a single record. There was no join in the query as the tables were not related. The extra field had to have a Group By because of the aggregates.

Normally in a query this works fine and provides a single record with the three fields. But Access would not accept it as the Record Source of a form. No complaining, just nothing at all showing in Form view.

bloodcrow777

Local time
Hey, I think I know what the problem is here. I had the same issue, I could see all my labels and text in design view but when I would go into form view, all my formatting was there but no text in the text boxes. What I ended up figuring out was that once I turned the allow filter's option to no I could see my text when jumping to the Form View. Try that.
-Craig

Robison

Registered User.
Local time
I am having this very problem....have been working on my database for several weeks and getting frustrated. I did modify my table this morning and rebuild my queries so that this wouldn't happen but still can't figure WHY..

Sure could you some assistance. THANKS Sharon:banghead:

Attachments

• SYLVESTERS DECORATED APPAREL.accdb
    1 MB · Views: 297

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Your Form named frmApparelOrderDetails is based on the Query named qryApparelOrderDetails, which is Read Only, hence the Form is Read-Only, and that’s why nothing shows in the Detail Section!

Allen Browne’s article explains why Multi-Table Queries are frequently Read-Only.

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html

Instead of trying to enter all of your data through one Form, you should be using a Main Form and Subforms, each Bound to its own Table.

Linq ;0)>

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
I looked at frmApparelOrderDetails, and then at it's recordsource qryApparelOrderDetails. The issue is that your query does not return any results, and it is not updateable. Therefore the form has nothing to display.

You need to study normalization, and how to build queries in Access. I'm sure YouTube has some good tutorials for the latter. The query I mentioned above was not created correctly. Your tables are there, but there is only one relationship defined among a handful of tables. To understand what I mean by this, study the different ways to bring tables together. There are inner and outer joins (both left and right) and unions.

Good luck.

Robison

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks so much for you assistance. I do see what you are saying and will go back and study the query process. I have had to start over with this process and I think I am getting more confused instead of getting better. Thanks again for your help. S

Robison

Registered User.
Local time
I am creating a query with many functions but it won't run because I get the error "Your query does not include the specific 'ItemID' as part of an aggregate function. I DON'T WANT IT TO...not sure what it wants. I am only adding up fields to a total and subtotal situation. Has nothing to do with the ItemID.

Appreciate any help....S

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I am creating a query with many functions but it won't run because I get the error "Your query does not include the specific 'ItemID' as part of an aggregate function. I DON'T WANT IT TO...not sure what it wants. I am only adding up fields to a total and subtotal situation. Has nothing to do with the ItemID.

It clearly said what it wants. If you include the ItemID in the Select clause then you must include it in the Group By clause.

Remove ItemID from the Select clause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom