Inserting Pictures into Forms (1 Viewer)

Naia

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:39
I want to insert pictures into forms. I don't want to use links, the image must appear on the form. I created an OLE but when I insert the picture it appears very small with the file name underneath it. The icon box was not selected during the insertion procedure. I am using bitmap files, I would prefer to use jpegs, however, when I insert this file type the generic icon image appears.

I am using Access 2003.

If OLEs are not the best method for inserting pictures, could you please point me to a better method. Preferably with instructions on how to execute.

Thanks, N

GAB

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:39
go to insert on the tool menu and click on picture from there you can browse to the folder where your picture resides. Click on the picture and in will insert it into your form. In the properties box you can choose to have it linked or Embedded. Choose Embedded then you have several sizing options under size mode that will allow you to size the picture the way you want it. This will work with jpgs.

Gary

Naia

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:39
Not Quite

I don't think I was specific enough with my question.

I want to insert a different picture into each form screen. Kind of like a field entry area. The attached picture is what I am seeing.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,216

rosito

Registered User.
Local time
this is a way, not the best, maybe....
ADD images in ur table (in Design view-> in Date type click "OLE object")

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 04:39
Search the forum for posts by oldsoftboss on pictures and graphics

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Just remember OLE stands for Objects as Large as Elephants. We use over 15,000 images and ink referentially. Our jpeg images depending on the image's density range from about 15KB to just over 100KB and these in turn end about 20 times the size as an OLE bitmap file.

Secondly, storing the images in the database on the data seek, Access has to hurdle over all this images to get to any data it requires.

Simon

drshahriyar

Registered User.
Local time
i am having the same problem as you are. in one of my computer i was able to fix the problem but i don't know how. it is something to do with a filter or .dll file. i was opening the file with my acdsee software when it wrote or updated something. after that everything was ok. all of my other computers have the same problem.

drshahriyar

Registered User.
Local time
try using dbpix software to insert pictures in your database. it also saves space

M

Mike375

Would the Employees form in the sample Northwind data base give you what is required?

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Whilst the employee form in Northwind database may give you what you require, historically the MS method has been pants. OLE Objects as Large as Elephants by converting images into bitmaps!!!

We use about 16,000 images and I would always recommend dbpix.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom