Change System Properties (Registered to) (1 Viewer)

NevadaSam

Local time
Today, 13:59
In viewing System Properties on my PC I see the display of

Registered to:
SJ
SJones

This information is the default for registering any new software which is installed.

How can I change this? I searched through regedit but have not found the exact location of this information.

Sam
;

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:59
It's under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RegisteredOwner

NevadaSam

Local time
I got as far as the CurrentVersion folder but do not have the RegisteredOwner folder in the Registry. I also looked under a Window folder the same dir as Window NT. This most recent installation has not been registered with Microsoft yet, if that makes a different. But the information as it is showing up should be somewhere. There are just so many folders in the register.

Thanks for posting. I do now have a little utility program that changes that information very easily. I would however like to know where at in the Registry this information in located to add to my own knowledge.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:59
This most recent installation has not been registered with Microsoft yet, if that makes a different. But the information as it is showing up should be somewhere.

Well that's where it is on mine, though I should have checked that your using XP Home ? (though iirc that's the registry key for most recent versions of windows)

It should be there even if you've not registered yet as that's the name you give during installation.

NevadaSam

Local time
You are right! I was expanding the CurrentVersion folder and looking for a 'folder' named RegisteredOwner.

The owner and organization names are in a files name RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner which are located in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ folder.

I have Windows XP Pro and that is the same location as my sister's PC which is a Home version.

Problem Solved!
Thanks,
Samantha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom