Access issue, 'Invalid Argument' (1 Viewer)

Retriever

Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
This is my first time on this site. It seems everyone is very helpful here, and I thank you in advance for any advice you give me.

I am a sales manager of a small company and also provide as much IT support as possible. (and by as much as possible, it really isn't much) - We have been receiving an 'Invalid Argument' response each time we search for a new field in any Form or try to pull any Reports. The error message appears twice when running a search in the Forms, then the searched for account appears. When attempting to pull as specific Report, the error message is given, then nothing happens. At this time, we are unable to run any Reports.

I have read that this can happen when your Access database is too large. I don't think that is the issue, it is 1.33KB.
Also - I cannot compact and repair the database.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
sounds like you should import everything into a new database and start from there.

Retriever

Local time
thanks for the quick response. Is this something that is fairly easy to do? Can I copy all of the tables I have now into the new DB? then import the current data in?

Will the problem I am having now also get 'imported?'

thanks Rainman89!

rainman89

Local time
Will the problem I am having now also get 'imported?'

hard to tell without actually doing it

what you should do is import everything.

it will import all information for you so you wont have to copy the information into the system

Retriever

Local time
I just created a new database and imported everything into it.

Our main Table is called the FCR Table. While Access was importing this table, I received the 'Invalid Argument'. I clicked 'OK' and it completed the import.

When I try to open a report I receive the following message:
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'FCR Table'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
options are OK and Help
when Help is clicked it offers that it may not exist.
When I go to tables, sure enough - it isnt there, that table was never imported.

If I try to open a form, I receive this error message
The record source 'FCR Table' specified in this form or report does not exist.
You mispelled the name, or it was deleted or renamed in the current database, or it exists under a different datase.
In the Form or Report's Design view display the property sheet by clicking the Properties button, and then set the Record Source Property to an xisting table or query.
- Offers "OK"

The record source for all of our Forms is the FCR Table. And that is what is displayed in the properties under design view.

I am not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions? Have you experienced this before?

rainman89

Local time
have you tried importing the table alone?

sounds like you may have some corruption going on

Retriever

Local time
I tried to import just that table and still get the 'Invalid Argument' response.

If I open the database I created today and try to only import the FCR Table the same error message comes up.

If the original database is corrupted, is there any way for me to fix it? Unfortunately, I cannot 'compact and repair' the database...again same Invalid Argument....

Thing is....I havn't said a word. lol

What can I do next? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom