A query for multiple check box combinations (1 Viewer)

dftbloke

Local time
Today, 03:25
All,

I have a problem building a query using multiple check boxes. The situation is as follows:

I have a database to monitor enquiries which come into a central email account. I have devised a system where several check boxes are used to define the nature of the enquiry. Users can tick any number or none of the options to describe the enquiry.

I would like to create a query where users can search the database based on the check boxes which have been ticked. For example, if users want to search for enquiries where a specific three check boxes have been ticked, I would like all of the records where these three boxes are checked to appear, and so on for all different combinations of check boxes ticked.

I've tried a few methods, including creating a seperate form for the query where users check their search criteria in line with the enquiry form, but I can't link this with the original form.

I hope my description adequetly conveys the problem I have!

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Rob
:confused:

Jon K

Registered User.
Local time
See the query in the database attached. It uses IIF expressions as criteria. The query displays all the fields from the table.

If you want the query to display only those fields that the user has checked on the form, you will need to use VBA to build the query on the fly.

Attachments

• Multiple Check Boxes Access 2000.zip
    10 KB · Views: 2,776

dftbloke

Local time
That's ideal for my purposes.

Thanks,
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom