Drop down fields - Word 2007 (1 Viewer)

davea300

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:47
I have a form than was created in Word 2003, it has various drop down fields. When a user opens the form using Word 2007 the drop down menus disappear. All the user can see is the space for the field itself - they can still type values into each field but the can't see the drop down menu.

When I look at the properties of each drop down field the values for each are still there - just won't display them as a pick list on the form.

I've tried converting the document to .docx (Word 2007) format but still nothing. Doc is opening in compatability mode.

Any ideas?

i621148

Local time
Yesterday, 22:47
Here is the answer:
Go to Developer>Protect Document>Restrict Formatting and Editing
Fill in 2.Editing Restrictions>Filling in forms

This is not a 2003 to 2007 bug. You must enable this in 2003 for drop down lists to work also....

I have a form than was created in Word 2003, it has various drop down fields. When a user opens the form using Word 2007 the drop down menus disappear. All the user can see is the space for the field itself - they can still type values into each field but the can't see the drop down menu.

When I look at the properties of each drop down field the values for each are still there - just won't display them as a pick list on the form.

I've tried converting the document to .docx (Word 2007) format but still nothing. Doc is opening in compatability mode.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom