Access 2007 and opening forms on startup (1 Viewer)

toaster045

UK_Student
Local time
Today, 09:53
Hi

I've created a form which is to act as a splash screen, so when the database it opened this appears (I’d like to be able to set it on a timer so after 3 sec it fades and opens a switchboards which I’m working on at the moment).
In Access 2003 and earlier it was Tools the start up (easy!!) but in 2007 I can't find how to do it.
I really don't want to have to build code or really complicated macros this is for a AS ICT so it can't be too complicated!! Any ideas?? Please???
Thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 01:53
Go to the big round Office Button and then go to Access Options and select CURRENT DATABASE from the list on the left hand side. The form to load at startup is in those options.

toaster045

UK_Student
Local time
Thanks for coming back so quickly.
Ok i went to start, access options, current database the under application options selected the splashscreen next to Display Form i saved the changes and reopened the database and all that happend was the splash screen form was highlighted. Having i done something or just missed something really obvious??

I've also just tried to open the form again and it won't display at all, all i can do is open it in design view. Please say I haven't messed the whole form up?!?!

Last edited:

toaster045

UK_Student
Local time
Thanks! I had already allowed changed the trust setting. I tried creating a new form from scratch and following the same steps as advised and it work great thanks for that!

I was just wondering though is there a relatively simply macro I could build that would open an blank form or query or do i have to save a blank form/ query then like the macro to that??

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Sorry it took so long to respond. I have been extremely busy today.

What are you needing a blank form or query for? Something doesn't sound right for that, so a more detailed explanation about what you are trying to accomplish might help.

toaster045

UK_Student
Local time
Ok, basically I have created a main switchboard with buttons (built based on macros that take me to various forms) all of them work fine! But I'm trying to build a macro (which I’ll later make a button on the switchboard) that will take me to a blank report in design view? I realise I could just open a blank report and save it, then build a Marco that would divert me to that but I was hoping that I could build one that would just bring one up instantly which could be repeated over and over again.!

If possible I would then like to repeat the procedure for the query!
Hope that helps or makes it clearer.

ssworthi

Registered User.
Local time
When the form loads I would like it to be maximized; where might I find that setting?:)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
When the form loads I would like it to be maximized; where might I find that setting?:)

You would need to add code to either the form load or form open event:

DoCmd.Maximize

ssworthi

Registered User.
Local time
Awesome; thank you so much! (I love it when I learn something new!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom