Can't Open Mail Session (1 Viewer)

Pooh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:27
I use Access to e-mail advice reports to my project managers. I have done this for many months using a macro "sendobject". For some reason this week I get the message "Can't Open Mail Session". When I look at the help note it says there might not be enough memory, close other applications but this is not the problem as I have nothing else open. I have tried it on another machine and still get the same message.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
Today, 11:27
Are you sure you want to email managers with advice after this?

"My advice is to not use SendObject" could not be sent... ;)

Anyway, if a mail session could not be started, it usually means that Outlook was not open. I'm 99% sure Outlook has to be open for the SendObject method to work as it won't instantiate Outlook for you. If that's not it, provide a little more detail.

Pooh

Registered User.
Local time
Are you sure you want to email managers with advice after this?

"My advice is to not use SendObject" could not be sent... ;)

Anyway, if a mail session could not be started, it usually means that Outlook was not open. I'm 99% sure Outlook has to be open for the SendObject method to work as it won't instantiate Outlook for you. If that's not it, provide a little more detail.

Outlook is open. I found something on Microsoft which says it could be because I installed an old version of access after installing a new version. My computer is new and this is what happened. Problem is I still need to use both the old and the new access. It tells me to delete a Regedit.exe path but it does not exist. It assumes I have installed Acess 97 after Access 2000. I actually installed Acess 2.0 after Access 2000. A real pain this.Thanks for trying to help - if you know any more....

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
Today, 11:27
Access 2.0?! That was the first version of Access I ever used, and that was 1993-1994 or so. Umm, more advice for the boss:

"UPGRADE YOUR @#$@#%@! COMPUTER!"

Other than that, uninstall Access 2.0 and then reinstall it, but don't use the default path. When it gives you the option, change the installation location to something obvious like "C:\Program Files\Legacy Access\" or whatever makes sense to you.

Multiple versions of Access on the same machine usually don't play well together. You may also want to look up "Installing Multiple Versions of Office" (Google it) for more specific instructions on this.

Pooh

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, I will try this tomorrow and report back. Really appreciate you trying to help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom