Importing Access Query into Excel Problem (1 Viewer)

lemo

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:33
hi.
i have the strangest problem importing data into Excel from Access.
in Excel, i go to Data, From Access, then i select the database of interest. it shows me all the tables and queries, i pick the one query i need, it opens the little dialog window where i select 'Pivot Table Report', and hit OK. now i get this error:

'Data could not be retrieved from the database.
Check your database server or contact your system administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again.'

the weirdest thing is - it used to work! just a few days ago! i swear! and i don't recall changing any settings in either programs.
it works with tables. it works with queries in another database. the query works by itself, if i run it in Access.
it's just when i try to get it in Excel - it fails.
please help...
l

lemo

Registered User.
Local time
also posted in Excel forum.

lemo

Registered User.
Local time
also posted in Excel forum..

triterp80

Local time
Check the results of your query, in Access. Is there a #Error anywhere? I think Excel can't import it if there is an error somewhere in your results. There error would occur if the results of one of your query expressions results in a data type that isn't consistent with the field it's in.

Anyway, check to make sure none of your results are errors and if so, delete or correct it and then it will import :)

raintree

Local time
Today, 10:03
I also have same problem and successfully solved by replacing error value in one query in Access. Thanks million. :cool:

lemo

Registered User.
Local time
thanks, will give it a shot..
coinsidentally, had a similar problem recently with another query, TimeValue function is acting up, i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom