SetWarning action line gone from Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

cgdrake

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:47
I've done macros before in 2003 where I run queries and do SetWarnings to Off. But I can't seem to find this action in 2007. Does it go by another name now? Thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 15:47
As it is considered an "unsafe" action you need to enable those type of macros. Go up to the Ribbon and select SHOW ALL ACTIONS.

Last edited:

cgdrake

Registered User.
Local time
Forgive my denseness (density?:confused:) but I don't see a Show All Actions option on the ribbon. I enabled the macros, but don't see this. Thanks.

cgdrake

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry for the double post, I thought it wasn't working.

In case anyone else is wondering, I had to go get the Show All Actions from the Options to put on my ribbon. I searched the help, plus a huge book I bought, but it wasn't readily found in either place. I would think all the macro actions need to be in the list to begin with, but if not, the explanation of it should be somewhere.

Otherwise, I love 2007!

Bob-THG

Local time
Today, 18:47
I must be dense as well.
I went to the design tab in Access 2007.
Clicked the Show All Actions button so it was highlighted.
Save and ran the macro.
The result was that the warning messages all ran for each query executed.

So I clicked the button so it wasn't highlighted any longer.
Saved and ran the macro.

The results were the same.
Am I missing something?

Thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
you don't just click the Show All Actions button, but you have to select the macro action from the list in the actual macro. Did you do that?

Bob-THG

Local time
Today, 18:47
Do you mean select the row that an action is on and then click Show All Actions?

-----

Ok, I just decided to write a VBA function that does a DoCmd.Setwarning(WarningsOff) and do a RunCode of the function at the top of the Macro.

Sorry for being so Old School and dense.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I'm a little slow here.
I've just had to use 2007 after using Access for a number of years.

Do you mean select the row that an action is on and then click Show All Actions?

Click the SHOW ALL ACTIONS button and THEN select your action that you want to run. After clicking the SHOW ALL ACTIONS button a whole bigger list will be in that drop down where you select the action you want to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom