Access 2007: XML Error on exporting query? (1 Viewer)

The1nk

Local time
Today, 03:57
Hello there! :p

I'm using Access 2007(no SQL server or anything funky, just Stand-Alone Access '07), and trying to export a query. The query is just two tables joined together with some criteria. There isn't anything too special about it. There is a memo field contained within this query. We export this using Excel 2000-2003 format (not '07s .XLSX format) because some of the office is still using '03. I also cannot "Preserve Formatting" on the export, because if I do it truncates my memo field down to 255 characters. And... Low and behold! I get an error! ^_^

"The specification XML failed to validate against the schema. Whitespace is not allowed here." or something like that. :confused:

Please help :confused:

Thanks.

The1nk

Local time
Today, 03:57
:(

I had already stumbled acrossed that. I don't believe that pertains to my issue? It could in some abstract way, but I had no issue installing Office '07. This issue is when I am running a query. :(

Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

petericr

Local time
Today, 08:57
I had this error in Access 2013, but I guess it applies to 2007. It was caused by the Query name containing an & and spaces. The & and spaces are not allowed in names in XML, which Access uses as part of the export process. I renamed the Query in Access and the export was then successful. Make sure your Query Title does not contain spaces or any XML restricted characters & > < etc. And the same may apply to the filename that you use for the Excel export file.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom