Can't enter data into blank field on "one" side of outer join (1 Viewer)

kkulick

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:43
I have two tables. They are linked by one field. I would like to use a form to enter data records. The problem is that I have fields from both tables, and I can only enter data into the fields that come from one of the tables. For example, there's a job description in both tables. However, I would like to enter data in one of the tables in the job descr. field without entering it in the other table. When I try to do this it tells me, "Can't enter value into blank field on "one" side of outer join. Is there any way to get around this.

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Go into both your query and your form's properties and set both the Recordset Types to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)

Good luck

kkulick

Registered User.
Local time
Carol,
Thanks for your suggestion. It worked. I was unaware of that property.

ajm

Registered User.
Local time
Combo box error

Hi
I've come across the same problem.
I changed the recordset type on the form, and it now allows me to enter something into the box. However i am getting a box saying . .
"The text you have entered isn't an item in the list".
The data source for the combo box is indeed a list of DISTINCT items from the same table.

Any clues ??

thanks
ajm

ajm

Registered User.
Local time
Got it !!!

Set Limit To List" = "No"

Thanks anyway.

ajm

rpeteg

Local time
Yesterday, 20:43
Re: Can't enter data into blank field on "one" side of outer join

This works extremely well for Access 2010 too! Major Kudos to Carol (wherever you are!) for posting this solution over 10 years ago ; )

rpeteg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom