How to Delete Fields with Relationships (1 Viewer)

mg55345

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:45
Hi,

When trying to delete an old field I don't need anymore, I get this error message:

"You can't delete the field 'FieldName'

It is part of one or more relationships.

If you want to delete this field, first delete its relationships in the Relationships window."

The problem is, when I look at teh relationships window there is no sign of a relationship here. Where should I be looking to delete this relationship? How can I delete this column I no longer need?

Thanks in advance for any pointers or help. I always appreciate assistance here.

Kiwiman

Local time
Today, 06:45
Howzit

SOmetimes the relationship tables are hidden. In the relationship window, right click and select "Show All". See if this shows the tables

mg55345

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:45
Weird... but that worked! Got it.

Thanks so much!

ODP

Local time
Today, 02:45
OK - got the same message. Deleted all the tables. Requested "show all". Nothing appeared. Scrolled to the right - nothing. Scrolled down - nothing. Scrolled back to beginning. Nothing. No object dependencies listed. Still will not allow field deletion.
After deleting all tables - saved and closed. Still unable to delete field. Soooo - what's up with that?? :)

Thanks for any help and replying!! A.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You can't just delete the tables. That only hides them. To delete a relationship, you need to click on the relationship LINE and delet it.

ODP

Local time
AH HA!! Thank you so much!! I realize now this is a semantic thing and I need to pay better attention to those details - like learning a new language - never built a db before and it is definitely a trial and error thing!! Thanks again1

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I still can't use a Mac because you close a file by dragging it to the trash bin:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom