Hey guy's, can u help me (1 Viewer)

Ashish

Local time
Today, 06:26
I want to import date(Mar-08) from text file into Access, in the same format. how it is possible. Plz quick reply me...:confused:

Thanking You,
Ashish

statsman

Local time
Today, 09:26
1. Import the text file into a new Access table.
2. Create an append query that will copy the data you want into the appropriate existing table.
3. Delete the new table.

Ashish

Local time
1. Import the text file into a new Access table.
2. Create an append query that will copy the data you want into the appropriate existing table.
3. Delete the new table.

Hi statsman;

I do the same process, but I think this is not a proper way. In this way we waste the time. I want a way in which at importing time there should be a option for selecting. can u help me, plz....

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Hi statsman;

I do the same process, but I think this is not a proper way. In this way we waste the time. I want a way in which at importing time there should be a option for selecting. can u help me, plz....

Nope, you will either have to import it all and discard what you don't need or you can edit the import file first and import the resulting file. The time savings would be on the side of importing it all and then discarding what you don't want.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:26
there is nothing wrong with importing to an interim table, then finalising

it gives you the added benefits of being able to verify the new data is correct before using it. what if you selected completed the wrong file to import, and didnt validate it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom