Error 3085 – ‘Undefined function ‘mid’ in expression.’ (1 Viewer)

jomuir

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:43
I have an Access database that we use to export files in the correct format, and this database is on a server (3-4 of us run these exports, so it know it is not the database).
I just got someone else’s pc after they left as it had other software on it that I need to continue some of his roles.

The only problem being that when I export now it fails with the following error:-Error 3085 – ‘Undefined function ‘mid’ in expression.’ occurred in…..I have created my own database and made a query to test the mid functionality and it work.

I have looked at the Reference Library and have nothing listed as Missing:I have the following ticked:- Visual Basic For Applications
Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library

I tried unchecking the all (only the bottom 3 would) saving it closing down then rechecking them, this did not work.

I have also had IT remove Microsoft Office 2003 from my pc, they reinstalled it without Access and installed a standalone version of Access 2003, to see if that would make a difference - it did not!

Not sure what to try now?
Details:pC –
Windows XP Professional SP3Access 2003 (11.8166.8221) SP3
Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600) .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP1

jomuir

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry not too sure what you mean?

It is a mde file.

--------

Not sure if this helps, but I opened the mde, and pressed Ctrl G and in the
Immediate window type ?Application.BrokenReference and hit return, the
response I got was 'True'

All other users get 'False'

Darth Vodka

Registered User.
Local time
in the visual basic editor>

debug>compile Accessdb

jomuir

Registered User.
Local time
It is grayed out, and if I click on any of the links on the left side it states:- Project is unviewable

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:43
Make sure all your references are in tact....

From a VBA window: Tools>References

jomuir

Registered User.
Local time
They are fine on all my database that I have opened, however on this database that I am having the problems with this is greyed out, so I cannot check them! :confused::confused:

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:43
They are fine on all my database that I have opened, however on this database that I am having the problems with this is greyed out, so I cannot check them! :confused::confused:

You said it is an MDE and that is why. MDE is to stop people getting to code via modules or forms. Hopefully you have a copy of the original

I just did a search on Google for Error 3085 and there is a pile of stuff comes up, including Microsoft

jomuir

Registered User.
Local time
It is not my database, I just us it as well as others to export data, well except I cannot do it due to the error. Other people, offices use the mde databse too, and I am the only one with the problem.

I have looked at, and I am still looking at lots of the links from doing a google search, so far no luck!!

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:43
Usually when you have 'default' functions like this fail it is a reference, since you cannot check there must be something different about your access install vs the others.

You use 2003 IIRC, if the others use 2002 than that is the cause.
You cannot use (as far as I know) MDEs in other versions than the version they were created in, among other things because of the references thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom