Using the runtime version of ms access 2007 (1 Viewer)

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:51
I use ms access 2007 , and downloaded and installed the Access runtime version.
But now my question is: How can i make use of the runtime version?
Where is this download installed , I can't figure out where it is to befound and how to launch.
What to do to make a runtime version of my Access database with the help of this program?

Meinthecorner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:51
Generally the Runtimes are used for Frontend users who are running the Client side of the database. It gives the users access to your forms, queries, reports. It wont allow them to design elements of the database.

As an example you can roll out the Runtimes to all your users without the need to purchase the Licence for a retail copy of Access to run the database.

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe i didn't formulate quiet well my question. I know what's the purpose of the runtime, but what i don't know , how can make use of the program " Access runtime.exe" that i downloaded from internet? I can't figure out where on my harddisk this program is been installed,and how i can launch this program in order to make a runtime version of my database. When i lok under "All programs" i don't find this program.

Meinthecorner

Registered User.
Local time
Ah right ok. When I've been testing my Frontends with Access Runtimes I normaly just create a shortcut to the Frontend file then modify the properties of the shortcut so that it launches the Runtime msaccess.exe instead of the full version.

For example on my works XP Pro machine running Access 2000 I have the following shortcut Target to test the runtime .exe

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Art\office\MSACCESS.EXE" /wrkgrp "T:\Store\Helpdesk\Databases\Deeley\System\system.mda" "C:\deeley\DeeleyFE.mdb"

Then the full access version

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" /wrkgrp "T:\Store\Helpdesk\Databases\Deeley\System\system.mda" "C:\deeley\DeeleyFE.mdb"

Note the Different Directory locations for the Runtime msaccess.exe

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
thank you for the help and the quick response! I only wonder if the way things go on in ms Access 2003 are the same for ms access 2007? In ms acces 2007 there's no mda file nor mdb files. Here we speek about accdb files ,accde etc

Meinthecorner

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry ignore the system.mda string, so

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Art\office\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\deeley\DeeleyFE.accdb"

I haven't got the Access 2007 runtimes installed but have a look around the c:\program files\ folder for the files. Or install the runtimes on a empty machine and then look in the program files folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom