font initialization error on report ??? (1 Viewer)

fibayne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:49
Hi..I have a report with 6 sub reports, each subreport contains a tab control with 200 individual calculations...probably not the best way to do this I am sure..each subreport calculates correctly and when I bring them together on the main report I can see all the calculations on screen correctly but when I come to print or pdf the report i get 'font initialization error' I suspect it is due to the size of the report rather than a font problem ?? would anyone have any idea what this means ... very :confused: Fi

Last edited:

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 23:49
It may also be the tab control. AFAIK, the tab control in not design for printing.

Why are you using a tab control? :confused:

fibayne

Registered User.
Local time
Hi..I used a tab control to do the various types calculations, essentially to make it easier to read in design view, the tab control itself is not visible for printing just the consolidated calculation needed for the end of each of the 10 years...bad idea ???

fibayne

Registered User.
Local time
Hi..if anyone comes up with the same prob, other than finding a far better way to do the whole procedure;)...the way I got round it was by creating 2 reports essentially Page 1 and 2 with half the calcs needed, on each page, and with the print command button printing both pages one after the other, all together for the report I had over 800 individual calculations being done to give the end result needed, 60 consolidated calculations, for an insurance illustration over 10 years, 3 growth rates, 3 sets of fees deducted each month and 1 quarterly plus tables showing the effect of those deductions year on year....I spent a long time getting to this result so hope my way fo 'solving' the prob might help someone else ...cheers Fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom