Site hangs after posting? (1 Viewer)

RCheesley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:20
Not sure if this happens to anyone else but I frequently get the situation arise whereby I post a reply, and the response is posted but my browser sits there attempting to refresh the page but never succeeding - I have to manually browse to the thread.

I use Firefox 3.0.10.

Just a minor inconvenience but thought I'd mention it :)

Ruth

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Speed on the site has been a problem on and off for years;)

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 01:20
Firefox has this problem if you do a quick reply. Any other time it works fine. What I do is post my reply then put my cursor in my url bar and just hit enter.

It works, but its only a work around!

RCheesley

Registered User.
Local time
I think that's what the problem is as well, I hadn't thought about it being quick reply as I always use it!!!!! I too just hit enter and it refreshes .. bit annoying though ;)

Ruth

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I don't use fire fox and sometimes find that it takes ages for the site to load up! Some days I just give up it takes so long.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 16:20
i have had it hang that way too - and also have to manually trigger the address bar (in firefox i i just click and drag the url bar - i think it 'copies' and 'pastes' the url right back into the bar... handy). but i've noticed it happens in IE too.

never was aware about quick reply vs advanced reply... will have to pay more attention!

Local time
Today, 00:20
I recently disabled the Adblock Plus. Maybe that's why this symptom has returned?

I'll try re-installing it, I guess. I honestly don't like the idea of Adblock Plus but if it makes the site work correctly, I'll have to bite the bullet.

rainman89

Local time
I recently disabled the Adblock Plus. Maybe that's why this symptom has returned?

I'll try re-installing it, I guess. I honestly don't like the idea of Adblock Plus but if it makes the site work correctly, I'll have to bite the bullet.

How come you don't like it? I personally think its awesome.

I have it at home and it never occurred to me that that might solve the problem here at work. But it did!

Local time
Today, 00:20
I guess if I actually paid to use the sites I use, I wouldn't mind it. I just have a problem with getting free stuff when it wasn't the intention of the person providing the content. Everybody's got to eat.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
nope. are there particular settings/subscriptions that are required?

rainman89

Local time
I have the easylist usa one set with firefox 3.6 and it seems to be working. Are you still seeing google ads on the page?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:20
George, if you're referring to the quick reply posting issue, installing that add-on does fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom