SwitchBoard label error (1 Viewer)

Styx777

Local time
Today, 14:07
Hi, I currently have a Switchboard that I created using Switchboard manager. I added a label and deleted another one and that caused an error. It says: "The control name label2 is misspelled or refers to a control that doesn't exist" When I hit OK, I get an Action Failed window and I have the option of Stopping all macros. Error number is 2950. I don't even understand why this is happening. I didn't do anything else but that and I didn't add any macros or anything. The error comes up everytime I try to do anything with the switchboard. I'm using Access 2007, Windows Vista x64. Thanks!

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Today, 16:07
Are you sure you put a "label" on the switchboard and not a textbox??

Styx777

Local time
I'm pretty sure that was a label..

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:07
the labels and check boxes on the switchboard are named in specific ways, and you need to keep them consistent

the click events are also named in specifc ways, and the same point applies

look at the working buttons, and your own, and you will probably see an error in the naming convention you used.

mauchamo

Local time
Today, 16:07
Hi, I currently have a Switchboard that I created using Switchboard manager. I added a label and deleted another one and that caused an error. It says: "The control name label2 is misspelled or refers to a control that doesn't exist" When I hit OK, I get an Action Failed window and I have the option of Stopping all macros. Error number is 2950. I don't even understand why this is happening. I didn't do anything else but that and I didn't add any macros or anything. The error comes up everytime I try to do anything with the switchboard. I'm using Access 2007, Windows Vista x64. Thanks!

on Switchboard press right click mouse button, copy and paste the label1 (or any other), then select the new label# (click over Label Toolbox) and press F4 (Property Sheet). Here you will get 5 tabs, click on Other (tab) in line called Name, edit Label# for Label2. Here you will solve the problem. (Just put the label2 over label1 as per keep just one view on switchboard, don't delete label1).

Best regards.

DrDori

Local time
Thank you, MAUCHAMO! I had also deleted a label and inserted a new label. I followed your instructions and went to the Property Sheet and renamed my label and my switchboard now works properly. Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom