Object Library Not Registered (1 Viewer)

jkgladu

Local time
Yesterday, 23:10
I have just returned to using my Access 2003 after not using it for two years. When I go to open a new database I am receiving an error that simply states "Object library not registered." When I click help, I receive the following:
Object library not registered

The Visual Basic for Applications object library is no longer a standalone file; it is integrated into the dynamic-link library (DLL).

In earlier versions, when you started an application that uses Visual Basic for Applications, certain object libraries were loaded. This error has the following cause and solution:
  • An attempt was made to load a previous version of the Visual Basic for Applications object library (vaxxx.olb) or host-application object libraries. However, the correct language version of these object libraries could not be found in the system registry. Reregister your application. On the Macintosh, delete the vba.ini file from the Macintosh Preferences folder, and restart your application.
For additional information, select the item in question and press F1 (in Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

The only functionality that I appear to be missing is use of the wizards. Unfortunately, being a novice programmer, I desperately need these.

Please help!

jkgladu

Local time
Yes, I tried both a repair install and a soft re-install from the control panel... My next attempt will be an uninstall and reinstall -- if I can find the software CD...

jkgladu

Local time
Well, I uninstalled my entire office suite, and re-installed from CD. Unfortunately the error still persists... Any other ideas are welcome!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:10
Have you checked your references for bogus MISSING ones?

jkgladu

Local time
I haven't the faintest idea how to do so. If you know of instructions on how to check or how to re-register the object, I am pretty good at following directions.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom