Free to use - Schedule/TimeTable form (1 Viewer)

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:43
I made this Schedule/TimeTable as part of a much bigger project, and decided to contribute it to these great forums.

feel free to use, and change as you need.
no need for any credits for any personal use or no fee application. only a nice "Thank You" post on these forums :)
for any commercial use please add a small credit.

I posted it in the samples section of the forums few days ago, but I wonder if this section is still active :confused:
boblarson's last post on the forums was at the end of the last month, and he wrote on his oun web site he will no longer visit any online forums including these ones. Mile-O's last post on the forums was 6 months ago.

Attachments

• Schedule.zip
    557.2 KB · Views: 10,264

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 03:43
I tried to open your example and was greeted with a series for parameter prompts. There wass no instructions of what to enter and in what format.

TIP: Since you developed the forms, you understand how they should be used. No one else does.

I would recommend that you to use main menu form with instructions and samples usages forms to show how to use your forms.

Does this require the calendar control to be installed?

IMHO, I think your example would be a better fit for the Code Repository forum, not the sample forum.

From what I have seen by looking at the design view on some of the forms, it looks very good. I am curious to see it in action.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

smig

Registered User.
Local time
attached a bit modified version.

you need to things to be installed and registered
1. DAO 3.6
2. Calendar control

the "main form" is the WeekSchedule form. it will be loaded when you open the application (You can bypass by using Shift+Open)

if you don't have the Calendar control installed you can remove the calendar form and remove the GoToDate button from the WeekSchedule form.
The Calendar is not the main part of this application.

there is no need for any parameters. if you asked for any something is wrong :D

how to use ?
double click any empty cell in the week time table to create a new task.
double click any existing task to delete it.

it write/read some data into the registery (I like using this method for moving data around the application)

how this all work ?
some ask if they need to create a full year timetable to create a schedue. the answer is NO.
what I do here is create a TEMP time table for one week only. this temp time table is right joined to the real tasks table.
when I move from one week to another I clear the temp time table, fill it with the new week and requery the forms.

I also use a single continious subform.
this subform is loaded 6 times on the main form, each time linked by a different date.

feel free to ask any question - smig@smig.name

Attachments

• Schedule.zip
    371.2 KB · Views: 3,720

DonnaCulff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:43
I tried to open your database but also got a series of Parameter prompts for Monday through to Fridays dates. I tried accessing in design view but got the same effect.

I have both DAO 3.6 and the Calendar control in my vba references. I agree with HiTechCoach it does look good.

Please can you advise? As I have what you said you needed

Many thanks

DonnaCulff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:43
Its pointing to this bit as the problem:

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
' --- On Error GoTo Errors

Dim QRY_Clear_Temp_Schedule As String
Dim DaysToMove As Integer
Dim SelectedScheduleStart As Date
DaysToMove = 1 - Format(Now(), "w")
SelectedScheduleStart = DateAdd("d", DaysToMove, Now())
SaveSetting "Tal Fuchs", "ScheduleApp", "SelectedScheduleStart", SelectedScheduleStart
SaveSetting "Tal Fuchs", "ScheduleApp", "TaskDate", ""
SaveSetting "Tal Fuchs", "ScheduleApp", "TaskTime", ""
Me.TaskToDoBy = GetTaskToDoBy()

SetDates (SelectedScheduleStart)

Errors:
If Err <> 0 Then
MsgBox Me.Name & " - " & "Form_Open" & Chr(13) & "îñ' ùâéàä: " & Err & Chr(13) & "úàåø ùâéàä: " & Err.Description
End If
End Sub

Is there some corruption perhaps? What version did you build in?

smig

Registered User.
Local time
sorry for not following this thread lately.
I'll try to check again what is wrong

these weired charaters might be in Hebrew :D I'll make sure to change this.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Atached new version

The new version also includ a full month calendar to set events (Holidays, vecations...) Events can be set for specific person or for ==All==.
When seting an event you can set the length of the working day for this event (Default is 0 = No Schedule this day).
In case you set an event after you already set a task the task will be visible.

Change pbFirstDayOfWeek to set the First day of week
mdl_SetSchedule is used to set the look of the left pane and the default day length

Calendar control is not required
It was tested under the runtime of AC2003

feel free to use, and change as you need.
no need for any credits for any personal use or no fee application. only a nice "Thank You" post on these forums
for any commercial use please add a small credit

Attachments

• Schedule.zip
    123.7 KB · Views: 4,930

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom