Exporting multiple reports to one Excel Spreadsheet (1 Viewer)

hmoritz72

Local time
Today, 17:53
Is there a way to export multiple reports from Access into ONE Excel Spreadsheet? I have a database that houses supplemental health insurance information. The company wants a "final report" that will include information from prior years for quoting purposes. The "final report" currently resides in Word and has references to an Excel Spreadsheet, so is there a way to set up some code to export the reports all into one spreadsheet? The reports have vastly different information in them so there is no way to have it all in one big report.

Also, is there an easy way to import a Word document into Access as a report and keep the formatting (such as the bullet points)?

Thanks for any help you can give!!!

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Using the TransferSpreadsheet method to export will allow you to output multiple queries or tables into the same excel file. Each output will go into a new worksheet.

Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, , "YourTableOrQuery1", "X:\YourOutputFile.xls", True
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, , "YourTableOrQuery2", "X:\YourOutputFile.xls", True
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, , "YourTableOrQuery3", "X:\YourOutputFile.xls", True

hmoritz72

Local time
Thanks ghudson... what a life saver. :)

wilderfan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:53
I tried using TransferSpreadsheet and when I opened the Excel file later, it was illegible - just a bunch of gibberish.

Any suggestions ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom