Question Custom Menubar in Access 2010? (1 Viewer)

blauber

Local time
Today, 22:22
We have to migrate a Access 2003 mdb to Access 2010. We use our own custom toolbar and menubar. Actually we have a problem with the menu bar in the starting form:
The application starts and the form "StartingGUI" will be opened. But no custom menu bar. Then I open the second GUI - and the custom menu bar appears...

Has anyone solved this issue yet? Or is this a bug of Access 2010?
What's the best way to open an earlier version database that contains custom toolbars?

Attached you find a simple mdb file with only two forms to illustrate the problem. In the second attachment I have documented the settings I have made in Office 2010 / File / Options / Current Database.

Thanks & Regards
Bernhard

Attachments

• MenuBar2010.mdb
    272 KB · Views: 1,098
  • SettingsMenuBar.png
    SettingsMenuBar.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,374
Last edited:

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 15:22
I am not sure about 2010. I know you can import custom bars in 2007 and utilize those without any issues - I use these as right-click pop-up menus.

-dK

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:22
We have to migrate a Access 2003 mdb to Access 2010. We use our own custom toolbar and menubar. Actually we have a problem with the menu bar in the starting form:
The application starts and the form "StartingGUI" will be opened. But no custom menu bar. Then I open the second GUI - and the custom menu bar appears...
What are the differences between the StartingGUI and the second GUI? And by GUI you mean a form object?

Is the StartingGUI like a splash screen that has its Pop-up property set to Yes?

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 15:22
Got to thinking. Check the form properties to see if the name of your custom menu bar is in the ToolBar property. If it is not in the drop-down, then you might have to import into 2010.

Like I said, I don't know for sure but you are using a product barely out of the chute.

-dK

blauber

Local time
Today, 22:22
@vbaInet: Both are normal Forms. Another thing I forgot to mention: We use the old formats Access 2003 (MDB and ADP) because we then have a lot less problems.

@dkinley: I have set the Toolbar property of each form to the custom toolbar. If you download the attachment you can see it. But due to the fact that only a very few people this day have the new version installed, it is difficult to play arround with my example.

We will make a support request to Microsoft about the behaviour. When I get the solution I will publish it here. But it might be also a bug of Access 2010.

Regards
Bernhard

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:22
I think it was a slight glitch. My reckoning is that the first GUI was made in an older version from the second GUI.

The problem was solved by programatically changing the menubar and once that was done it worked as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom