Error handling macros 2010 (1 Viewer)

WSplawn

Local time
Yesterday, 20:49
I am following the documention in the Help file for Access 2010 (which by the way, the icons they referece here etc don't seem to match what's on screen).

I selected Help, Data Macros, Create Macro and then jumped to the section titled, Debug a Macro, Use the OnError Action.

This section suggests that you create a named Error-handling macro, which I did following their instructions.

Then it suggests you add an OnError action to a data macro. They use the after instert macro for a table in their example, so I did the same. They suggest you drag an OnError action to the screen which I did. On their screen this action has two sections

GoTo
Macro Name

On my Screen, however, there is only a GoTo field. Is this because these instructions are out dated? Why do their instructions not match what I see on screen. I have a macro I want the onError to go to but I am left to wonder how to tell it so.

WSplawn

Local time
<grin>

Just trying to find out who and where the players are.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
<grin>

Not a whole lot of 2010 people here yet. I've played with it some but not enough to answer authoritatively on macro error handling :)

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 22:49
<grin>

I have been using Access 2010 a lot since the RTM version was made available to MS Partners via subscription download.

Here are some top Access 2010 people:

Access 2010 Developer Contest Results!

The results are in and congratulations to AlbertKallal and GroverParkGeorge - two outstanding Microsoft MVPs and UtterAccess members!

I hope you'll all take a moment to have a look at their work over at the Access Team Blog Developer Contest Results and of course offer your congratulations to a couple of most deserving Access aficionados!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom