PDF output not working with MS Access Runtime 2007 (1 Viewer)

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:16
Hi

I've created some command buttons to enable users to output straight to PDF format, for subsequent e-mailing etc

However, though these buttons work fine with my 'Master' database (using full licence of Access 2007) they don't with the Runtime version copies?

The error message received is "The format in which you are attempting to output the current object is not available."

Anyone know of this problem, and how to counteract it?

Many thanks!

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
Macro commands as follows:-

Action : OutputTo

Arguments:-
Object Type: Report
Object Name: Report1
Output Format: PDF Format (*.pdf)
Output File: (blank ... user to browse for folder and enter file name of their choosing)
Auto Start: Yes

Does this help?

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:16
The PDF output format is a 2007 add-in that must be installed on your computer. Does the runtime version have that built-in? I do not know but I doubt it if it is not working for your users.

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
OK ... I'll give that a whirl ... still a little puzzled as to how it's a standard feature using full licence but it's not when using Runtime?

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
The user discovered that he had NEVER downloaded any Windows updates ... so spent a few hours downloading and as if by magic the functionality behind the button suddenly worked?

A good result of course ... but can anyone explain which update will have flicked-the-switch and why?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
A good result of course ... but can anyone explain which update will have flicked-the-switch and why?
There are hundreds of updates/patches mostly with names beginning with KB... it would be impossible to know which one of those would have caused problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom