Command Button Wizard not working... (1 Viewer)

lmcc007

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:25
Macro is not working in this db. I am trying to create a command button using the wizard to open another form. (I know all of this can be done using VBA DoCmd.OpenForm…, but I am trying to see what’s causing my forms in this database to not work...)

I did the following:

1. fmainCompany is opened in Design View

2. Click command button and put on form

3. Command Button Wizard starts.

4. What action do you want to happen when the button is pressed?

5. Categories = Form Operations

6. Actions = Open Form

7. Next

8. What form would you like the command button to open? = fdlgEventDetailAdd

9. Next

10. Open the form and find specific data to display.

11. Next

12. Which fields contain matching data the button can use to lookup information?

Select the fields and then click <-> button.

fmainCompany: is blank

fdlgEventDetailAdd: has all the fields listed.

Why is fmainCompany not showing the fields?

I copied the two tables to a blank db and ran the command button wizard again and all the fields from both tables are listed.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:25
What version of Access are you running? Code does not run in 2007/2010 unless your database resides in a folder that has been declared a “trusted” location.

To trust your folder, click:

1. Office Button (top left)
  2. Access Options (bottom of dialog)
  3. Trust Center (left)
  4. Trust Center Settings (button)
  5. Trusted Locations (left)
  6. Add new location (button)
Linq ;0)>

lmcc007

Registered User.
Local time
What version of Access are you running? Code does not run in 2007/2010 unless your database resides in a folder that has been declared a “trusted” location.

To trust your folder, click:

1. Office Button (top left)
  2. Access Options (bottom of dialog)
  3. Trust Center (left)
  4. Trust Center Settings (button)
  5. Trusted Locations (left)
  6. Add new location (button)
Linq ;0)>

Using Access 2007

It's been done, but I did it again and got:

The specified path has already been added to your Trusted location.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 01:25
Did you remember to check the "include Subfolders" checkbox?

lmcc007

Registered User.
Local time
I think I found out the problem. When you have unbound controls with ControlSource filled in, it will not work. If the unbound controls ControlSource is empty, it will work. Meaning, the form with the unbound controls filled in will be blank.

See these: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Applications/dBase/Q_24358621.html

and

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/communit...l-not-populate-correctly--ms-access-2007.aspx

and

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/thread/8bbc3007-be35-44ab-8a0e-7f5ffb9766eb

Last edited:

ClairH

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:25
Hi

I've just joined the site as I've been trying to teach myself to use Access 2010 where I've been upgraded from 1997 (big gap).

But I've been on courses for 1997 and now I'm trying to create a simple database for a colleague, and I want to add some command buttons to the initial data entry form, I literally have one table and want to create a data entry form, and my "Command Button Wizard" doesn't open when I click in the Design tab, and click controls, I select "button" command, and the little "add" asteric box appears and I place the button where I want it, then nothing happens, I've printed off instructions from the forum here on how to add command boxes, but my wizard prompt guide does not come up?

What could this be?

I'm abit stumped, as I had no problem with creating simple or even complex forms in the old version, I could use VBA but I wanted to see what I could do with the Access functions as I'm creating it for someone else

Thank you
Clair

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
It sounds as if the Wizards have been turned off. With any Form open in Design View, click on the 'Design' tab on the Ribbon, then move to the right side of the 'Controls Section' and you should see an icon marked "Use Control Wizards;' click on the icon and see if the Wizards are now working.

Linq ;0)>

Last edited:

ClairH

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:25
Hi

I ccant find the "use controls wizard" icon to turn it back on, I've taken a print screen, have I done something wrong?

I only want to add some buttons to "save", "new", "find" etc.

I'm getting rather frustrated with myself, before on the older version, I clicked add button, and I could add a record function, add run reports etc?

Thank you x million

Clair

Ohhhhhhhhh how do I get a url for my print screen image, please?

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Let's try it again:

1. Open any Form in Form Design View
  2. On the Ribbon click on the Design Tab
  3. At the bottom of the Ribbon, you'll see sub-categories of the Design Tab, going Left-to-Right: View - Fonts - Gridlines - Controls - Tools
  4. In the Controls Section, on the far right, you should see an already hi-lited icon marked Use Control Wizards
  5. Click on the icon
If you watch this rather boring video, on YouTube, about 1/3 of the way through the man will actually show you what the Use Control Wizards looks like. Fortunately, there is a 'Skip this ad' button on the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClPHO1-L54g

Linq ;0)>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom