Conditional Formatting not working.... (1 Viewer)

sjl

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:19
Hi,

I'm in Access 2003. I imported a revised form into my test database. This form is a subform on my "main" Form. Since importing a revised version of this (sub)form, my conditional formatting does not work.

BTW, I have a very similar form (that I did not revise nor import) in which the exact same conditional formatting is working.

I reviewed MS's instructions on how to apply conditional formatting, but seems everything is up to spec.

Is there somewhere I have to enable the formatting on the Subform level, or..... :confused:

thanks in advance,
sjl

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 18:19
Conditional formatting is set at the control level on the form it is on. So you would need to go into the conditional formatting for that particular control on that particular subform to modify it. Also, make sure that the control's BACKSTYLE is not set to TRANSPARENT, or it won't work either.

sjl

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Bob,

Yes, I have had all the conditional formatting on the control level; the cond formatting seemed to have stopped working on the controls where I had changed formulas.

I did check that the Back Style=Normal (not transparent)--I was soooo wishing that that was my problem!

And now the testers (not me) are getting thrown this message when they open the form (containing the new formula). Oh bother!

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events.
The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro

thanks for your suggestion (I didn't know about the back style setting interacting with conditional formatting),

sjl

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 18:19
What's the actual formula which is giving you the problem?

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
In addition to Bob's request for the actual formula, is the Conditional Formatting being done thru the Formatting Menu or in code in the Form_Current event?

The fact that you're getting this error you posted on users machines, but not on the development machine, suggests that you have a Reference loaded in your Access that is missing from the errant machines.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom