Question Tables and Queries Not Showing Up (Really Important) (1 Viewer)

NeroMaj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:44
I have an access database that has 3 tables, about 12 queries, and 1 form. The database is stored on the network at my job, and me and the other engineers use it throughout the day. Every night, the entire server is backed up by IT. Yesterday, before leaving work, the file was fine and everything was there.

This morning, we open the database and all of the tables and queries are not showing, but the form is. However, one of the engineers had a shortcut to his personal query on his desktop, and this query still retrieves the information.

Because of this, I am 100% positive that the information is still stored in the database, but I am stumped as to why it wouldn't be visible or be recognized by Access at all.

Any comments, suggestions, or tips on where to even start solving this problem would be really helpful.

Thanks alot, and let me know if you need any more information.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:44
I have an access database that has 3 tables, about 12 queries, and 1 form. The database is stored on the network at my job, and me and the other engineers use it throughout the day. Every night, the entire server is backed up by IT. Yesterday, before leaving work, the file was fine and everything was there.

This morning, we open the database and all of the tables and queries are not showing, but the form is. However, one of the engineers had a shortcut to his personal query on his desktop, and this query still retrieves the information.

Because of this, I am 100% positive that the information is still stored in the database, but I am stumped as to why it wouldn't be visible or be recognized by Access at all.

Any comments, suggestions, or tips on where to even start solving this problem would be really helpful.

Thanks alot, and let me know if you need any more information.

You haven't mentioned which version of Office you are using, so bare with me.

It sounds as though all the objects have been hidden?

In the database window you don't see anything for tables and queries.

If using Version 2003 or less you will need to go to the tools menu and then look at options in the options there will be a feature that states show hidden objects, when you go back to the database window do you see the objects if so then click right mouse each object and then show objects

If using 2007 you will have to select the navigation pane with your right mouse button and then Navigation Options then you will see you can show hidden objects.

I hope this resolves your issue, if not then perhaps zip the database up and upload to the forum.

NeroMaj

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your reply. I am using the 2003 version btw, and I did already try showing hidden object to no avail. I have zipped the database and attached it, please take a look at it and let me know if you have any ideas.

Attachments

• DBBackup.zip
    333.1 KB · Views: 192

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:44
I cannot see any obvious reason for this, and when you are looking to do something it states Deleting Record.

I have managed to get the source from behind the form and have attached it as an Excel spreadsheet so at least you could build it again, if it is only a single table.

Other than that ask your IT to go back and get a copy of a last known good version.

Attachments

• Enforcement Action Tracker Table.xls
    52.5 KB · Views: 385

NeroMaj

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks alot, I have managed to pull up the tables and the queries in the database. I did this by taking the shortcut that I mentioned earlier and modifying the code for it to shortcut to each object(table, query, etc..), but still can't get them to show up in the listings.

We did go to IT and get a copy and there copy was doing the same thing, so I was baffled. I will play around with it some more, thanks for the help.

NeroMaj

Registered User.
Local time
Re: Tables and Queries Not Showing Up (Really Important) - SOLVED!

Alright, this thread can be marked as solved or whatever, because it was an issue of performing a compact/repair action on the databse. Doing this brought everything back, and I now have it set up to perform this action on close so hopefully file corruption wont be an issue anymore.

For those interested

Tools -> Database Utilities -> Compact and Repair Database

or to have it compact when the database is close

Tool -> Options -> General Tab -> Check "Compact on Close"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom