Can We Open 2010 ade with 2007 (1 Viewer)

oihjk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:20
Simple question (I realize the answer may not be). Is there a way to open an .ade saved from 2010 using MS Access 2007?

I have commercial software written in Access 2007, I am testing the possibility of upgrading to 2010. All of our clients run 2007. When I save it as an ade file after compiling in 2010 and attempt to open in 2007 I receive an error message. Something like "This database was compiled in an unrecognized format."

Are there options that will make this work, or should I stop trying?

Thanks,
Eric

HiTechCoach

Local time
Eric,

Once a database is compiled In a version of Access into a ACCDE/MDE/ADE you must use that version or a lter version to open it.

The reason is that the VBA code in compile to that version of Access's VBA version. Sine the source code has been remove, it can not be down graded to an earlier version of VBA.

This means that you must compile the ACCDE/MDE/ADE with the lowest version of Access you want to support.

If there are new features in Access 2010 that you need, then you will need to distribute the free Access 2010 runtime with your 2010 ACCDE/MDE/ADE.

oihjk

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Boyd, that is what I needed to know. I appreciate your clear and concise answer.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom