Microsoft Access 2010 running too slow (1 Viewer)

thosecars82

Local time
Today, 06:14
Hello there
I just installed Microsoft Access in a Core quad Q6600 @ 2,4Ghz Ram 2GB with Windows Vista Home Premium.

I do not know why but Microsoft Access is running really slowly. For example, it might take 5 minutes or so just to open an mdb file previously built with a prior version of Microsoft Access. It happens also with the .accdb file that turned out from the mdb file after converting it into the .accdb extension with Microsoft Access 2010.

Moreover, I thought that whenever I closed Microsoft Access and open it again, it would open much more quickly but I was wrong.

However, acording to the task manager's performance tab the computer is just using 850MB or so of memory, so it is not surpassing the ram memory limit, and therefore the problem has not to do with memory shortage. Furthermore the CPU usage is very small while Microsoft Access 2010 is opening this files.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
Create a new, blank ACCDB file and IMPORT everything from the old MDB file into it. Converting has issues. Importing should help some. Some things could have to do with the design but at least opening it, this should help.

thosecars82

Local time
Today, 06:14
Create a new, blank ACCDB file and IMPORT everything from the old MDB file into it. Converting has issues. Importing should help some. Some things could have to do with the design but at least opening it, this should help.
I do not know why this is happening but now I just did this simple test and it run very slow too. I just created a blank database in Access 2003 and closed it. Then I opened it again with Access 2003 and it takes a long time to get it opened. Might the problem be related to having several versions (2003, 2007 and 2010) of access installed at the same time in windows vista?
Thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
Yes, having multiple versions installed can cause a delay - especially when you throw 2007/2010 up against 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom