forms outside access (1 Viewer)

W

wonderpance

hello. i'm trying to find out if it's possible, and how, to get a form outside of Access so people can fill it out without being able to see the rest of the database, so they can't mess with it. know what i mean? and if it's not possible to take the form out of the database, or out of Access, what would be the best way to have it so people can't look at anything in the database besides the form they are to fill out? any help would be great! thank you!
courtney

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Yesterday, 22:32
One possibility that springs to mind would be to have the Form open up Modal and Popup, they'd be unable to access any other part of the MS Access screen. When they click the confirm/submit button, have it close Access. If you set this form to start automatically when they open the database, you will keep people from nosing about. Hold down the shift key while starting the database to get around this, so you can still get into it.
If your users are more...ehhh, 'creative' than that, you'll have to take additional steps. Hide the database window. Create a switchboard and possibly use Access security or security of your own devising (Access security can be a real pain to get up and running) to check if the user is authorized to do that action. Hide your tables, or split the database into a front and back end. Make the front end a MDE (precompiled) file to prevent them from getting in and making design changes (make sure you save a copy so that you can edit it and make a new MDE file!).

Not knowing specifically what your users are getting into or your coding skill, it's hard to say what the best way to go is. Hope this helps get the juices flowing somewhat.

Use the 'search' function of this forum to narrow down examples/ideas on these possibilities, or post back.

HTH,
David R

W

wonderpance

thanks! i was just figuring it out as i read your response. it was quite helpful! thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom