Access 2003 Email as PDF (1 Viewer)

darkstar257

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:19
Is there a way to use the auto email feature in Access 03 to email the form as a PDF?

I read this here pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3539493.php

Seems that only Office 07 has the download to allow for Save As PDF feature

I'm trying to use this command but it doesn't recognize object type

DoCmd.SendObject acSendForm, , acFormatPDF, EmailAddress, EmailAddress2, EmailAddress3, strSubject, strEMailMsg, False, False

I also am looking into Stephen Lebans PDF code at granite.ab.ca/access/pdffiles.htm

In his example Access file, he creates the PDF based on selecting a report on the "HowToUse" form. How can I tie the PDF creation directly into a SendObject command?

I tried changing the original code from...

Dim blRet As Boolean
' Call our convert function
blRet = ConvertReportToPDF(Me.lstRptName, vbNullString, _
Me.lstRptName.Value & ".pdf", False, True, 150, "", "", 0, 0, 0)

To...

blRet = ConvertReportToPDF(Me.Forms![Complaint Form], vbNullString, _
Me.Forms![Complaint Form]!ID & ".pdf", False, True, 150, "", "", 0, 0, 0)

Last edited:

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:19
You could use Stephen Lebans PDF code to create the file and then use CDO to email your pdf. Search the forum for CDO there are examples.

hth

darkstar257

Registered User.
Local time
I'm trying to work through Stephen Lebans code for the actual PDF creation process, but it's too heavily tied in with creating PDF from a report. Anyone have experience with Lebans code and know how to actually create a PDF straight off the opened Form?

ions

Access User
Local time
I dont' think Stephen Leban's code allows the creation of a PDF where a Form is the source object. Stephen's code works well where the source ojbects is a report object.

Also CDO works well for emailing.

darkstar257

Registered User.
Local time
I dont' think Stephen Leban's code allows the creation of a PDF where a Form is the source object. Stephen's code works well where the source ojbects is a report object.

Also CDO works well for emailing.

I've successfully implemented CDO emailing. However, is there a way to create a snapshot PDF of the form? I'd like to email that in the attachment feature

I have no uses for making reports in my database so Stephen Lebans code doesn't seem useful to me.

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:19
I've successfully implemented CDO emailing. However, is there a way to create a snapshot PDF of the form? I'd like to email that in the attachment feature

I have no uses for making reports in my database so Stephen Lebans code doesn't seem useful to me.

I don't think so. The use of making a report would facilitate the creation and emailing of the pdf file, so is it a compromise that is worth while?

darkstar257

Registered User.
Local time
I don't think so. The use of making a report would facilitate the creation and emailing of the pdf file, so is it a compromise that is worth while?

I'm not too familiar with using Reports in Access, so I tried playing around with it but it seems Reports pull up all Form entries in a list or some arbitrarily chosen format in design wizard or whatever format one composes.

I don't have any issues going from Forms -> Reports -> PDF (Lebans)

BUT a Report grabs all form entries rather than from a single Form. Now even if I find a way to create a separate Report for each Form, I'd have 1000+ Reports floating around because there are 1000+ Form entries. Is this logic accurate?

I'd like to be able to create a PDF or snapshot of each individual Form. I can send email attachments using CDO 1.21 but i'm missing the part of the puzzle where I can create a file out of a single Form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom