Please Help with Access. (1 Viewer)

crcastilla

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:43
Hi I don't how to accomplish this but I know there is a way. Let's say this; I have four tables(each table representing an item) and each of them has the following fields: SSN#, Tolerance, Action Taken, S1, S, SA, S/O, By, Date, Due Date, Temperature. I will be adding new records to each table each two weeks or about so.
Now I want a single table having information from each of these four tables. I want the latest record of each table to be there. So it would look sort of like this.

Here is...
Table 1 SSN#, Tolerance, Action Taken, S1, S, SA, S/O, By, Date, Due Date, Temperature
Table 2 SSN#, Tolerance, Action Taken, S1, S, SA, S/O, By, Date, Due Date, Temperature
Table 3 SSN#, Tolerance, Action Taken, S1, S, SA, S/O, By, Date, Due Date, Temperature
Table 4 SSN#, Tolerance, Action Taken, S1, S, SA, S/O, By, Date, Due Date, Temperature

Here is the single table I want..

SSN#, Action Taken, By, Date, Due Date; These would be the fields of the single table. All tables have these fields.
NOW. Each record below I would need to have the information from each table uhmm more like each record would represent the latest record in the respectively table. Does anyone understand what I want or how to do it? Please I have been trying to figure it out but I can't. Please anyone help.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:43
Hi
First:
Now I want a single table having information from each of these four tables
Do you really need another table? Tables are for storing data. Maybe what you really need is a form or report with which to view the data.

Second:
IMHO if all four tables have the same fields, I would have all this data in a single table with one extra field which would be used to identify the "item" that is currently represented by each table.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi

By the way. I have just noticed that you have posted the same question under three different headings. In future it may be better to post just the once in whichever you consider to be the most appropriate. Trying to follow answers and responses in three different threads only complicates matters.

crcastilla

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:43
Yes I'm sorry, I won't do that again! lol. Anyhow well if a form or report can do this for me then I'll be glad to know how to accomplish it and the reason why each item has it's own table it is because each item goes through the same exact process each two weeks and their information changes through time but i need to keep a history how each item it is changing.

So it is like this is my first item's table
Table Item 1
Next the fields,
SSN#, Tolerance, Action Taken, S1, S, SA, S/O, By, Date, Due Date
And the new records are change each two weeks for this single item
Row 1 XXX XXX XXX
Row 2 WW WWW RRRR
Row FGGG SF SDFG
And I need to keep the history of it. So I thinkkk it would be impossible to keep a history of each item in a single table

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Well obviously we are all entitled to our own views. On reflection I think that it would be better to have two tables, the first of which would be a table of items with just two fields. One as primary key and one for the item data. The second table would be like one of your existing tables with the addition of two fields. One as a primary key and one to identify which item that record relates to. This would be the foreign key to the first table's primary key.
Getting your table structure correct will make development of your db much easier in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom