Error 3270 property not found (1 Viewer)

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:45
A2007. I get the 3270 error when saying Cancel in BeforeUpdate of a combo (whether or not I Undo the combo). I have no clue where it comes from, the debugger does not help: I step through my BeforeUpdate, and the next thing after exiting the sub is whammo.. error 3270.

Initially the thing just said property not found, but I got the error out of the form's OnError handler.

The combo is a bound control in rows displayed in datasheet view of a subform.

It's a bit tricky to extract a skeleton version to illustrate the error, so before doing that I was hoping someone might provide some hints as to how to track down this error. I could set the handler to ignore it , since apparently nothing bad happens, but it's just a bit annoying and inexplicable.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
It turned out to be easy to reproduce - simply cancel the update in a combobox embedded in a row and it comes up with the Property not found.. A small table with the combo embedded attached. In the combo's BeforeUpdate I cancel the update . and get the error.

Attachments

• SomeDB.accdb
    332 KB · Views: 447

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:45
Interesting error spikepl. I can only conclude that this must be something that the developers have overlooked. I tried it in Single Form and Continuous Form View and it worked. I also thought that perhaps if the Row Source was a query it will work and it didn't. It just doesn't work in Datasheet view.

See attached a workaround.

Attachments

• SomeDB.accdb
    416 KB · Views: 575

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Thanks vbaInet - I spent quite some time yesterday before reaching the conclusion that it possibly was a built-in "feature" :D

And it was. Never thought about using DoCmd.CancelEvent to bypass the "feature" generated by Cancel=True

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
If this feature also is present in A2010, then perhaps it would be sensible to send a copy to the codemeisters i Redmond. Ye possessors of A2010 who read this, do not abandon all hope but yell so MS hears it.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:45
Thanks vbaInet - I spent quite some time yesterday before reaching the conclusion that it possibly was a built-in "feature" :D
No problemo! It's definitely an built-in bug :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom