Crystal Reports Stopped working (1 Viewer)

gem1204

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:54
I recently did an upgrade on my computer. I went from Visual Studio 2008 to Visual Studio 2010. I also have Crystal reports 2008 installed. Everything seemed to be working fine for several weeks until Crystal Reports just stopped working. When I open crystal reports now it locks up. Crystal Reports opens up and goes to the start page but the hour glass never goes away and you can’t do anything with the program. The screen just seems to lock up and the only way to exit the program is to end task.

I’ve tried repairing the installation which didn’t work and then I completely uninstalled crystal reports then did a fresh install which didn’t work.

You can also create a crystal reports with Visual Studio but before doing so you have to download Crystal Reports for Visual Studio for 2010. Visual Studio 2007 also had a crystal reports builder which I used for a while but I got to the point where I liked Crystal so much that I just went out and bought the whole program Crystal Reports program. After I installed crystal reports I could no longer create reports through visual studio 2007 interface, I had to create my reports indepently with crystal reports. That was fine with me because you had a much richer user interface with the full version.

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Info.
Windows 7
Visual Studio 2010 ( recently upgraded from VS 2007)
.net programs on my computer.
.net framework 4 client profile, .net framework 4 extended, as well as 3.5, and 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom