Yes it is possible to convert the 2010 Northwind Web Database into a client version. It will, however, take some manual work on your part.
Follow these steps:
- You first need to create a new empty client ACCDB file.
- Once that is open, you can import all the web tables, client forms, and client reports from the web copy into the client file. The web tables will be converted into client tables but you cannot import web queries, web forms, web reports, and web macros into the client version.
- Close the client copy now and open the web copy
- You can individually change a web object and save out a copy of the object as a client object.
- To do this, highlight a web query for example in the Navigation Pane. Click File tab, then Save & Publish area on the left, then Save Object As in the middle of this pane, and finally click the Save As Client Object button on the right side. You'll be prompted to give a name for the client object. Since it can't be the same name as the original at the moment, just use the same name and append the word Client at the end.
- You'll see a client copy of that web query in the Navigation Pane. To make sure the application still works, you'll need to delete that web query, and rename the client version to match the original name (remove the appended Client word from the name you gave it earlier.)
- You will need to repeat these steps for each and every web query, web form, web report, and web macro in the application. Yes, it will take some time to do that.
- Once complete, you can import all of these remaining client objects into your client only ACCDB file. Your file should now only have client copies of the Northwind web database.
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
SDET II - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation
Author - Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Access 2007/2010 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at