Inconsistant 2467 error for dynamic subform (1 Viewer)

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:42
Greetings, all-

I am getting a 2467 runtime error when opening a form with a subform (multple subforms, in fact) with dynamic Record Source properties.

I am using Acess 2003 opened in 2007 as I am using user-level security. When I log in as myself (with administrative privileges) I don't get the error. When I log in as another user with limited privileges I get the runtime error and only on one item. The code is as follows:

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
Me.frmIndClinicalUtilTracksub.Form.RecordSource = "qryIndClinicalUtilTrack"
Me.frmIndContactNotesub.Form.RecordSource = "qryIndContactNotes"
Me.frmGroupProgressNotesub.Form.RecordSource = "qryGroupProgressNotes"
EndSub

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Privateer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:42
PaulA,
I would suggest you put the record source in the properties of each sub form and not in the open event of just one sub form, which is what your code indicates. Each form should be linked through a Master/Child field so the proper records are displayed with the main form selection. Additionally, check each query to see if it opens properly and that the linking field is present.

I realize you stated that it works when an admin is logged in, so that might indicate a record locking issue or a permissioning issue. If you are not editing from this form, try changing the query's recordset type to snapshot. You can also try changing the run permissions from user to owner.

Hope this helps,
Privateer

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:42
Thanks for your response.

It was a permissioning issue.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom