ADO Connection string for Access 2010 database (1 Viewer)

klar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:40
Hi Access experts,

Does anyone know the ADO connection string used for connecting to a password-protected Access 2010 database?

So far, I can successfully connect to a password-protected Access 2007 database but always fail for Access 2010 database. I think this is because the encryption scheme is different for Access 2010.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 14:40
It should be the same for a ,accdb creed with 2007 or 20010 since they both use the ACE as the database engine.

Can you post your connection string.

klar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:40
Thank you for your reply. The connection string used is below

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\myFolder\myAccess2007file.accdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=MyDbPassword;

I have tried and tested a number of times that it works only on database encrypted with Access2007 encryption scheme. A database encrypted using Access2010 default encryption scheme does not work with this connection string. I am using Access 2010. I had to go to options and choose 2007 encryption method to get it working.

Franz Haidacher

Local time
Today, 14:40
You are right Klar, ADO OLEDB drivers cannot connect to an Access 2010 database encrypted with the (new) default method, only with the legacy encryption method. There is nothing in support.microsoft.com, msdn.microsoft.com, nor in connectionstrings.com. I have searched everywhere on the web and there is no parameter to address this. Microsoft does not have any information about this anywhere, and their knowledge base returns everything except this issue. Obviously Microsoft forgot that people do need to connect via ADO to a protected database.

"If technology doesn't work for people, then it doesn't work."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom