Automated Email Macros; Access>Word>Outlook (1 Viewer)

Xiqa

Local time
Today, 08:38
I found out only last week that Access has the capability to send emails utilizing Word and Outlook. We have the Office 2010 bundle.

My problem is this:
We have over 200 staff members at a newly opened organization and my boss is having problems with setting up a system that will receive queries to an email address and subsequently send out an email detailing informations from our access database using a line of code in said email to communicate with access.

The information for example would be credential expiration dates, and the query would be for who's information that would expire within two weeks from the date the email request was being sent.
I know the rough basics of a server needing to be set up and connected and connectable through internet, and about a few macros and coding not specific to Access.
If there is a website with code definitions and a guide on setting up email-to-Access-to-email messaging, that would be moderately helpful, but I love information straight from the horses mouth.
All prior searches through Google yielded applicable but vague information.

TL;DR
Need to set up outlook-to-access-to-word-to-outlook system to automate requests in code to retrieve Access database information. Anyone able to hand-hold for roughly two days on subject, or post link that already explains?

Last edited:

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:38
Welcome to the forum,

It sounds as though you could use Mail Merge to achieve this, Mail Merge in Word will allow you to use the Send Email Merge, therefore you could connect a query to use as the source and then the list could be sent out to individuals.

You wouldn't need to use VBA to do this which should make life easier.

To see if this is a viable solution for you Open Microsoft Word and then Select the Mailings Tab, in this tab Select Start Mail Merge and at the bottom select the Wizard. As you navigate the instructions on the right it should guide you.

Xiqa

Local time
Today, 08:38
Welcome to the forum,

It sounds as though you could use Mail Merge to achieve this, Mail Merge in Word will allow you to use the Send Email Merge, therefore you could connect a query to use as the source and then the list could be sent out to individuals.

You wouldn't need to use VBA to do this which should make life easier.

To see if this is a viable solution for you Open Microsoft Word and then Select the Mailings Tab, in this tab Select Start Mail Merge and at the bottom select the Wizard. As you navigate the instructions on the right it should guide you.

Thank you, Trevor. I will check this as soon as I am at a computer. Do you know if your recommended POA requires manual entry of request through Access, or Word?

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:38
If you create the document in Word then you only run this when you need to, so it acts like a template and once you open it, it will reconnect to the Database and the query.

You can automate this in Access to Open the word document, but give it a go first to see if it is a viable option.

Post back with any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom