Runtime error in access database. (1 Viewer)

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:11
I wrote a database on my desktop, moved to my old laptop and it worked great.

I then copied it to two new laptops and they both give a runtime error 48 when using a combo box on a form.

The function is to update a field with a name from the combo box when the name is clicked.

Both of the old unit work as suppose to, however both new units give the same error.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled office 2003 and updated windows and office on the new units.

I have compared the referrences in Visual Basic on all machine insuring they all call for the same libraries.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 22:11
If my memory serves me correctly you need to install Service Pack 3.

Welcome to the Forum.

RainLover

Local time
I was right, well sort of.

Service Pack 3 is most likely the cause of the problem not the solution.

Where Service Pack 3 has been installed you need to install the HOT FIX. I believe it is quite large.

Last edited:

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply.
The runtime problem is much deeper. I installed Office 2003 on a new 64 bit ASUS laptop.
When I try to run my old database ( created on 32 bit old win 7 pro desktop) I not only get runtime error but none of the wizards work.

I have tried everything I can think of. Last resort I uninstalled 2003 from new laptop and installed 2007. And all of the old databases work as they are suppose to.

I don't know if my 2003 disk is bad or what.

I tried installing the 2003 to another laptop and got the same wizard won't work problem.

When I try to run a wizard I get error that can't load dlls.

Thank for all yor help.

Right now I'll just force myself to use office 2007 but its not my favorite by any means.

Last edited:

RainLover

Local time
Really don't know what I can do to help.

I can only talk from personal experience.

I purchased a 64 Bit Machine with 2003 and Win 7.

I had similar problems to you until I installed the HOT fix.

No problems since.

Did you at least try.

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks again for your reply. Yes I tried to hot fix, error message came back saying something about the wroung program. Anyway it won't work.

I said the database was working which wasn't true. None of the functions like SETVALUE will work.
Google search says all about trusted location, I have tried to place everything in a "trusted location" but no luck.

Search also uncovered others having prob;lems with either 64 bit and office or just plain office not working correctly.

I still have two computers working, my six year old desktop and my wifes laptop.

As it stands the ASUS will not run office either 2003 or 2007 correctly.

Like you I'm sure what to try next. I'll keep experimenting.

However thanks for your help.

RainLover

Local time
Please keep us updated.

Would be very interested in your progress.

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
Latest on problem.

I uninstalled Office 07 from Asus, installed Office 03.
Updated to SP 3 and then the Hot Fix.

Copied the database to that computer.

I'm stll getting the run-time error 48. Error in loading DLL.
message and the combo box that is used to update a field on the form is what gives the error message.

I have checked the Visual Basic references on the old desktop that works the database as it should with the ASUS and they both have the same references checked.

I have tried repairing the database on the ASUS but still no luck.

What is really strange, I wrote this program for a customer, today I had to do training at that business. They have 14 computers that are all running this database by way of a front and back end situation.

All of these computer (which are using a mix of Office 2003 and 2007, all are XP Pro, with very old processors and memory mix, all are 32 bit) are running the program fine.

Plus I ask the IT person if they had upgraded to SP3 and they said they hadn't that she knew of.

I think my next experiment is to uninstall 2003 again and then reinstall and not install SP3.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. A google search of this problem show others with experiences but no real solution except alot of scan, find and pay to remove sites.

Thanks for listening.

RainLover

Local time
What you intend to do sounds good to me.

Thank for the update.

RainLover

Local time
I am starting to think that this is not a Service Pack problem. But not 100% sure.

Have you tried to Decompile/Recompile? Different to Repair.

It would be nice to get a copy of the Database in 2003. Make sure it is a bare bones version. Just the Tables, Queries and the Form in question. And no sensitive data.

I have 4 Machines of differing configurations that I can test on.

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
Update. I have been trying many difference experiments, no luck so far.

I created a simple database, tried to use the create table wizard and it failed with error = error in loading ddl.

I have registered the following

Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\Dao360.dll"
Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\ado\Msado15.dll"
I have compared my work computer, which is HP laptop, vista, 64 bit with both office 2003 and 2007. This unit has no problems when I load the program with a thumb drive to it and test.

Also today I setup a customer's computer ASUS win 7 Home prem., 64 bit and ask if I could test my program and guess what her computer gave the same problem when I loaded Office 2003 on it and tried to run the program.

I can strip down the program and send to you so you can look at it, I would have to delete all the data from the tables. However I'm not sure how to attach files to this post.

Again thanks for taking an interest. All my searching has shown a lot of hits but very little useful information and for sure no solutions that have worked.

Since I have had it happen on four difference computers I would think its my dtabase is corrept except for the problem with my simple database. Plus I run Northwind and tried to use the table wizaed and got the same error.

Thanks again. Let me know how to attach file!

RainLover

Local time
Strip out the Forms Queries and Reports not required.

If the Database is split then delete all links and import the required Tables.

Strip all the Data in the Tables and then just add 3 or 4 records for testing.

Before you send TEST what you have. See if it firstly works as it should then on the other machine TEST to see if you can replicate the error.

Finally Zip the file.

Go to Advanced in your Reply and use the Paper clip to attach.

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
I also checked out accessblasters suggestion.

read down to post 25 and 26.

I found the tbl file in question and typed to register it I got error.

was not loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Not sure what this means. I used

Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\system\ado\Msado25.tlb"

to register

Thank for the help. Any idea will be apprepicated.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:11
try to remove DAO360 from prefernces, debug (You'll get an error) save, and rerefernce DAO360 (The same file)

I had some similar problems.

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
Smig thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean about removing DAO360 from preferrences, if you are referring to the Visual Basic referrences there are three Microsoft DAO's however none of them are checked.
If you would please give me more instruction.

Rainlover.
This is the latest!
I borrowed a new Office 2003 Pro disk from shop, loaded (think my disk is bad) however I got the same problem as before.

Another observation my old decktop loaded Office 2003 sp 3 on 12/28/2010. I never loaded or even knew about hot fix. In fact I didn't even know it got loaded.

As it stands right now I have three computers all having the same problem the one thing that is common to all is that they are all 64 bit machines. Now my wifes laptop is a 64 bit but its vista and it is not having any problems.
Before I strip out data from the database cuctomer was using I'd like to send you a WORD doc with screen shots of a simple test I run.

I made a new database, clicked to use the create table wizard and got error "Error in loading DLL.
Further search has told me to regsv dll and dao which I did.
Another told me to download a new MDAC which was interesting since according to Microsoft they don't provide for windows 7 because it is loaded with it.
This comments leads me to believe that I have corrupted something and that I my are to restore the operating sytem.
I'll send you screen shot if I can.
Sorry can't send, file exceed 100 k. I'll try to compress it if I can and send!
Thanks for all your help.

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
Rainlover
New screen shot less then 100 k still WORD doc. I hope I got attachment right. I don't see any comfirming message that an attachment is attached. Now I see!

Attachments

• Blank database.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 142

RainLover

Local time
So we know it is a 64 Bit Problem. And that is about all that we are sure of.

I must ask again.

Have you tried a decompile.

Also can you repeat the error by creating a completely new Database.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:11
are you using any system DLL in your code ?

carpy01

Registered User.
Local time
Rainlover
Not sure what you mean by
"Have you tried to Decompile/Recompile? Different to Repair"
I assume this is in VB editor, however I only have Debug/Decompile.
If you can give me instructions I'd apprepicate.
Thanks

Plus more research on google indicates there maybe come problems with 64 bit windows and Office all versions, all programs.

I'm going to try Office 2007 again on the ASUS.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom