data showing in report view not in print preview (2 Viewers)

willigsu

Local time
Today, 10:06
I'm frustrated trying to get data which shows beautifully in the report view, but not in the print preview or when printed. Not all, but just some of the fields show. grrrr

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:06
Check your Page Setup. Could the printed (previewed) page be more then one page wide and or long ?

Is the Report Text box control big enough to display all the chrs ?

Can the controls auto expand ?

willigsu

Local time
Thanks for the response. Have checked the page set up and the text box size and properties. I did partially solve the problem by clicking on each box and " bringing to the front" though nothing was showing in front of it that I could see. Now all of the chrs continue to show in report view, but cut off in print preview. I have actually rotated the text in the box to make a label-could that somehow limit the chrs in the box?

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:06
You have Design view and pre view.
If you have too many chrs to fit into the space provided then the print preview will cut them off - I believe.

Just make one of them much bigger and see what result you have.

Labels are not a text box.

rattlesnakes

Local time
Today, 12:06
I had this same problem. All data from a text box appear for each record in report view, but only some data appear in print view (and thus, not in the PDF I'm trying to export).

-CanGrow is set to Yes.
-It doesn't matter how big the text box is.
-The same data (e.g. John & John or something with the same number of letters) will appear for one record but not for another one.

I recreated the text box to fix the problem. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the existing text box.

emilyf

Local time
Hello, I was having a similar problem with a report in Access 2013. Records that had the same data in the same fields showed only the first instance of the data in print preview, but not the following instances. Whereas in the Report view, all the data was showing, even if the same data was repeated across multiple records.

Try this:
1. Open the report in design view.
2. Open the properties for the specific field with the issue.
3. On the Format tab, change Hide Duplicates to "No"

This has the negative consequence of repeating data that has multiple sub data, too, but it might be worth it for clarity. Hope this helps!
Emily

justinletteney

Local time
Today, 13:06
I was having the same problem. The Column Width for the Report Header wasn't as wide as the Report so whatever was outside the Column was getting cut off.

I resolved the problem as follows:
From Report Design View goto
Page Setup Tab
Page Layout Group
Page Setup
Columns Tab
Check Same as Detail checkbox

sixHat

Registered User.
Local time
I had this exact same problem.... it turned out that when I selected Yes on the offending textboxes can grow property there turned out to be a carriage return line feed that were entered into the offending field as I had copied and pasted from Excel.

I got rid of them by running an update query using: Update To: Replace(Replace([myfield],Chr(10),""),Chr(13),"")

dhlao

Registered User.
Local time
Same problem here. Using Access 2013 64bit.
Report View has no problem. After click Print Preview, all the field value gone. Then click Close Print Preview, all the field value gone even in Report View.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Be aware that if you have an OnFormat event it doesn't fire in Print Preview - and, just to be symmetrically a pain in the toches, the OnPrint event doesn't fire in Report View.

And... of COURSE in MicroPain's transfinite wisdom, you can't just copy the OnPrint routine to the OnFormat routine or vice-versa because they have different arguments.

This will be significant if you have a wizard build the report and you ask it to build summary totals in a given section footer.

Rashid

Local time
Be aware that if you have an OnFormat event it doesn't fire in Print Preview - and, just to be symmetrically a pain in the toches, the OnPrint event doesn't fire in Report View.

And... of COURSE in MicroPain's transfinite wisdom, you can't just copy the OnPrint routine to the OnFormat routine or vice-versa because they have different arguments.

This will be significant if you have a wizard build the report and you ask it to build summary totals in a given section footer.
Nothing understandable?~?~~??

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:06
Nothing understandable?~?~~??
What does that mean?

Is your text rotated, that seemed to be the original OP's problem? Do you have crlf characters in the text,that also interferes.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 18:06

6 years on & I've only just seen this thread after it was resurrected.
Anyway, the above statements are incorrect.

In Print Preview both Format and Print events fire. In fact, the Format event fires twice.
In Report View, neither event fires

Its easy to confirm this as I did before replying.
Just add code to show a message box in both the Format and Print events of the report Header, Footer or Detail sections

Code:
Private Sub ReportHeader_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    MsgBox "Hello format"
End Sub

Private Sub ReportHeader_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer)
    MsgBox "Hello Print"
End Sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom