Right function not working (1 Viewer)

Eagle1

Local time
Yesterday, 22:23
I am using the Right function in a text box in a report to return the characters from the right side of a string:
Right(string, length)

This has worked in another exact copy of the report in a different database (all running Access 2003) but I am now getting an error message (still works in the other versions on the same computer):
The function you entered can't be used in this expression.

* You may have used an aggregate function, such as Count, in a design grid or in a calculated control or field.

I'm pretty sure it's the Right function that is the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Yesterday, 20:23
You might want to check for missing references. This can cause odd behavior. Open a VBA window, go to Tools/References. See if any say MISSING. If so un-check them, close the dialog, do a Debug/Compile, then go back in and re-check the reference if you need it.

More info here.

Eagle1

Local time
Yesterday, 22:23
Thanks for the suggestion. There were no missing refs., but I did re-compile and save. Did not change the outcome. I'm getting the error msg. when I use the build dialog to enter the below in the text box or if I type into the data field for the text box the following:
=IIf([FilterOn],"Filtered for " & Right([Filter],(Len([Filter])-12)) & " coatings","Unfiltered")

I know the IIf function is working okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom