Screen Resolutions (1 Viewer)

aziz rasul

Local time
Today, 22:18
I have a form in an MS Access database created in a screen resolution of 1920x1080. I want the database to be used on other machines where the screen resolutions will be different e.g. 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480, etc.

Does anyone have any code which would re-adjust the controls and the form size to suit?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 23:18
What "re-adjustment" do you have in mind? For what country is this application?

In the industrialised world, those who run 800x600 do so often because of weak eyesight, so shrinking the lot to fit has no purpose. 640x480 is prehistoric. "Etc" is undefined - what does it mean? Resizing controls to accommodate everyything on a smaller-resolution screen would require changing font and make the font sizes out of whack with all other text the user is used to on the user's specific screen.

Very old office equipment runs 4:3 (1024 x 768), less old on LCD 1280x1024, newer 1650x1050, netbooks 1024x600 ... you have much less real estate to manage than in 1920x1080.

I check who the users are , and then design to the resolution that fits most, so they do not need to scroll either vertically or horizontally. Those with lesser resolutions then have to scroll, those with higher resolutions will still have space on their screens.

For vertical resolution, other than redesign of your form (and next time, start off with the most likely resolution), you have the option of adding a page mark to the form , and some GotoPage buttons, so that only part of the form is displayed at one time. AS to what the screen resolution is, there is some WIndows API that can return the screen size. Google. There was also a post on something similar here on AWF earlier this year - try restricting google to awf.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:18
it's a pain when users insist on using large font resolutions

I tend to design for a minimum size, and check and warn users about this on startup.

you can add scroll bars to forms, but there is no real solution to a form that needs more screen real estate than 800x600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom