how to make alert message or pop up message using access 2007? (1 Viewer)

nhk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:32
hye,

i want to make alert message that will be pop up when the return date for borrowing book is one day before the date. and the alert message will also can show the information about the borrower.

the alert message will be something like this. Tomorrow one borrower need to return the book. click ok to view the data.

can access 2007 do this kind of alert message..?
can anyone teach me how to do it..

i really do not know how to this.?

your help is much appreciate..

thank you in advance.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:32
You need to think this through more clearly. Yes Access can do it but what is the point? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Having the message pop up as you scroll through the records displayed on a form is doable by using the form's Current event. In the Current event you would compare the current date to the due back date and pop up a message if the condition is correct but what does this do for you? Also, if you never scroll to a record, you will never get a message that it is due. Another possibility is to run a query in the Open event of your startup form. If the count of due records is > 0, open a form to list all the records due the next day. You could then use the click event of one of the controls to open another form with more detail.

nhk

Registered User.
Local time
hye pat hartman,

thank you for your reply..
i want to make the pop up notification is just for reminders that i can call the borrower to return the book. for example, if i click at the switchboard menu button, it will show the pop up if there are borrower need to return the book.

btw, whet you mean by this..
In the Current event you would compare the current date to the due back date and pop up a message if the condition is correct.
Another possibility is to run a query in the Open event of your startup form. If the count of due records is > 0, open a form to list all the records due the next day.

sorry, i'm just the beginner.

thank you.

nhk

Registered User.
Local time
and one more thing,
when there is pop up message, for example, do you want to view the info, click yes.
after click yes, it will show you the reminder form..

or maybe you can give me other idea to make something like reminder.

nhk

Registered User.
Local time
hye pat hatman,

i have see your answer in this http://www.tutcity.com/out/access/automatic-reminder.46854.htm

i already follow what you have said and it will pop up the form but there is no alert message, it just pop up the form.

my form also will show all the data that i have in table.
i think i have made a mistake but i do not know.

2. Create a form that displays the querydef we just created. Name the form frmSupervisionReminder
can you help me explain about this..?

in the pop up form i just want the form show only the data that have date return one day before the return date. but my form that i create show all the data in my table..

thank you if you can help me to solve this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom