Cascading Combo Boxes Help (1 Viewer)

Accessdj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:16
I’m a new member here (just joined last night) & I’ve been struggling for days on in with how to create 2-separate cascading Combo Boxes in 1-Form. I come from another Access Forum site which I have receive tons of help (literature & links to videos) rDataPig, etc. egarding this topic, which I’ve watch countless times. I cannot comprehend the concept of creating cascading Combo Boxes in this one Form & I’m asking in anyone here might be willing to set up 2-cascading Combo Boxes for me if I send database?

The Database is a used car dealership which has 5-locations. On the Form, amounts the any fields, ‘Make,’ ‘Model,’ ‘Location,’ & ‘SalesRep,’are the focus fields. Here’s what I need:

1) 1.a) I need the ‘Make’ to be a Combo Box which only contains the “Makes” of the Vehicles (e.g. Ford). 2.a) With the ‘Model’ Combo Box I only want to see/choose from the “Models” that are fords (e.g. Mustang).

2) 2a)With the ‘Location’ Combo Box, I only want it to list the 5-different locations. 2b) in the ‘SalesRep’ combo Box (each dealership location has 5-different “SalesRep”). So, when I choose a particular ‘Location’ in my ‘SalesRep’ Combo Box I only want to see/choose those “SalesRep” from that “Location.”

I don’t want to come across too demanding, bold, or lazy. I’ve been at this for days & have tried everything & beyond, but it won’t fly. I’m just asking if someone might be willing to set up these 2-Combo Boxes & in doing so I think I’ll learn that way.

Only problem, I don't have enough post to provide the dbs or the link, damn!

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:16
Welcome to the forum, you can always use something like drop box to upload your database and add the link into your thread.

Accessdj

Registered User.
Local time
Trevor,

Thank you for replying to my thread. 1) To be honest, I have someone from another forum looking at my db. I posted on here in case I up empty. 2) I thought to have tried pasting the link to the dbs at Box.com & it wouldn't let me because I only have 2-post & it says that you must have at least 10-posts to be able to post links.

Again, thanks!

Accessdj

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks jdraw. I've watch them over & over; tried to follow/replicate it in my Form & cannot get it to work. Assuming you watched the videos In the query, I tried EVERYTHING; I just can't get it buddy.

Thanks anyway for the links.

I won't give up!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:16
According to the sticky at the start of Forms

If you need to post a picture or database before 10 posts, just ZIP the file and upload that. Don't go posting irrelevant posts just to build your post count to 10 posts so you can upload the other file types.

Accessdj

Registered User.
Local time
Mr. B.

Io tried to replicate my Combo Boxes with the Demo. I don't have "tbl" before my Tables. I think that I have the "Make" CB right, but the "Model CB isn't working.

Here's what I have:
SELECT MakesModels.MakesModelsID, MakesModels.Model
FROM MakesModels WHERE (((MakesModels.Make)=Forms!
Form1!cbxMake));

It WILL NOT let me upload a dbs nor paste any links...that sucks!

Accessdj

Registered User.
Local time
Jd,

As I told Mr. B I can't upload nor paste any links just yet because I need to have 10-post. No, I'm not trying to boost up my thread, but I read somewhere on this forum that you should always acknowledge & thank people who reply to your thread -- so I'm thanking you jd :)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:16
Did you try to zip your file - it indicates that a .zip should work???

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:16
Dude, simply do a compact and repair on your DB put it in a Zip file and upload that zip file, that is well with in the permissions allowed by your current post count.

Which is what jdraw was trying to point out to you in post #6

Accessdj

Registered User.
Local time
The ZipFile is 4.27 MB. That's the hangup. It won't let me post the link to Box.com. It's saying it an Invalid File, but it works for me. Thanks guys, Really!!!

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Make a copy of your DB strip out most of the data leaving just a few representative records, then do a compact and repair and try zipping that.

Accessdj

Registered User.
Local time
I got it, BINGO!

Attachments

• DealersLocations1.zip
    26 KB · Views: 89

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
OK, I've normalised your table structure.

Check out the On Change event of Combo1 and the form's On Current event, as well as the Row Source for Combo5

Attachments

• DealersLocations1.zip
    47.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Accessdj

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, I'll need to study what you did & implement it into the real Database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom