Access 2010 ACCDE command button not work (1 Viewer)

kingche.chan

Local time
Today, 23:24
Dear Sir,

I am using Access 2010 to form a application and it is being distributed by using ACCDE.

Meanwhile, my application has some forms. And, command buttons are used to link the varies forms together. A login screen with user id, password as well as a "login" button to activate the main menu. But the "login" button is never activated while the pressing of it in ACCDE mode. But I am sure that it works fine in the normal mode.

May anyone help me to tackle this problem? I have keep trying on it for two days already. My boss is looking at me now...

I shall like to learn from you very much. Thank you.

With all good wishes,

Yours faithfully,
George Chan

Last edited:

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 09:24
Lets go through some basics.
1. Did you start with an ACCDB file in which the code was executing correctly?
2. Did you go to the VB editor and click Debug -> Compile? (very important)
3. Were there any compile errors in step 2? If there were, did you fix them and then recompile - debug -> Compile with no errors?
4. After no errors did you use this to make a new ACCDE from this file?
5. Did you create that ACCDE in a trusted location? Was it the same folder as the ACCDB was in, or was it a different folder?
6. When you open the ACCDE after creating it, is any message displayed by Access? 7. When you say the VB code isn't working in the ACCDE, what exactly do you mean? Example: Is it as though the code didn't exist at all it does nothing? Or is the code failing in some way? Is there an error message?

This is a link credit to Bob Larson - posted a while back in July of 2011:
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm
Read it carefully.

kingche.chan

Local time
1. Yes. I once use the normal (non-ACCDE) mode and executing the code correctly. But, it doesn't work in the executable (ACCDE) mode.
2. No, never. May I know what is it mean?
3. I just try the step 2. But no error message being displayed.
4. Yes. But ACCDE's command button still not working.
5. I am the System Administrator in my PC. ACCDE placing in the said same folder.
6. No other special message come out from ACCDE.
7. I have a login screen. It looks for user id and password. I made a "login-accordingly" command button. And, made an on-click event. The top section of the on-click event is displaying a MSGBOX message. And, open the main menu. But actually, there is no MSGBOX and main menu being displayed after pressing the "login-accordingly" command button. It just looks like the code doesn't exist at all.

Anyway, still need to look for your instruction and guidance.

Yours sincerely,
George Chan

Severin

Snr. Developer
Local time
Today, 08:24
Is it possible for you to upload the accdb file?~)

kingche.chan

Local time
Dear sirs,

My ACCDB can be found at the following URL. You can download it accordingly.

Hypertext tranfer protcol + sdrv.ms/TwT6OM (I cannot post link at this moment)

It is a incomplete program. You can just enter user id "GEORGE", password "1234", and press "Login" to go into the main menu. Meanwhile, a msgbox called "MSGBOX 1" will be prompted if the "Login" is okay. But my ACCDE just cannot let the "MSGBOX 1" be prompted out and go further to the main menu.

Anyway, looking for your comment. Thank you.

With all good wishes,

Yours faithfully,
George Chan

JORI

Local time
Today, 08:24
I still have the problem related to the password on the form that works perfectly in ACCDB mode but not working in ACCDE mode... What to do plz help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom