Many-to-Many Madness (1 Viewer)

BrookeB

Local time
Today, 14:23
Hello,

I am desperate for some help. This is driving me crazy and it is probably something really simple that I am missing.

Building a DB on Market Research Projects. I need my project managers to be able to select their name from a project manager list. This is a many-to-many relationship because many managers can be assigned to a project and many projects can be assigned to a manager.

SO. I created a form for project managers to fill out for easy use when they need to update their information. I've created the necessary relationships and added a linking table. For the life of me I cannot get a combo-box in the form to display the list of project managers. I've tried querying and all sorts but I've obviously done something wrong and can't figure out what it is. It needs to be set up so that I can query each individual project manager to see what projects and how many they are working on. I'm not sure what the best way is to go about it.

Please help.. I'm about to lose it!

Grateful Novice

BrookeB

Local time
Here is the attachment.. please help. :)

Attachments

• ProjectInfo1v3.zip
    248.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 08:23
You can't post a database with 15 tables and 6 forms and expect us to know which drop down isn't working like you want. Be more specific.

I need my project managers to be able to select their name from a project manager list.

Going off just this, it sounds like you need to base the selection box options off the table/query that holds your project managers (Managers?).

BrookeB

Local time
Sorry, I'm a bit frazzled at the moment. I may not be asking the right question. I guess what I am asking is the best way to go about doing what I want to do.

I need them to be able to select multiple project managers (on the ProjectInfo form) but I still need to be able to query individual project managers to see the projects that they are working on. Is this possible with the table/query you suggested above? I am not sure how this works with the linking table (due to it being a many-to-many relationship). Am I still not being clear enough? I apologize, I'm just in a bit of a muddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom