Any sample forms using a whole month data input? (1 Viewer)

andy_dyer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:22
Hi,

I've built a few databases over the years but none have had this requirement and I can't work out where to start....

I'll want a form where I'll need to filter by project and then by month - this will probably need to then open and populate a embedded child form.

Once I've made my selection by project and month I want my child input form to look a little like the attached spreadsheet.

Any ideas how I get the full month input structure to work and link back to a table date field?

i.e. so that when someone puts chooses Project A, February 2013 as options and then chooses Finance Dept and Manager from Dept and Resource Type fields and then inputs 1.0 FTE for each day in February

I presuming this would need to create 28 records with the Project Name, Dept Name and Resource Type populated with the inputs, then a Date field which would have all of the February dates in and finally the FTE Required field which would have the 1.0 in for each day....

I don't think this is massively complicated but the form/table links and how I get the structure working has left me scratching my head... :-/

Thanks for any helps with any of the above

Attachments

• sample.xls
    25 KB · Views: 166

Royce

Access Developer
Local time
Yesterday, 22:22
Is this one of those cases where the manager says: "I want a form that looks like this spreadsheet?"

If so, you will probably need to create a form with a bunch of unbound controls, then use code to sequence through a record set and label and populate the controls with data. Let the user edit it, then loop back through the controls to save the data.

The spreadsheet looks like a Crosstab query/report. Project, Department, Resource, MyDate, and MyValue would be fields in a table that your form would draw it's data from. Combo's would be used for the Project, Department, and Resource fields.

Again, depending on the application, you'd use the AfterUpdate event in each combo to setup the next combo and enable it. Then update the daily controls after the last combo is updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom