Open Access 2013 database in Access 2010 (1 Viewer)

wdrspens

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:19
I have a database that I now use in Access 2013 with no substantial problems, but which is shared with a colleague who only has Access 2010.
My colleague can no longer open the database and I believe the problem is associated with a visual basic command that checks the screen size of his monitor and then opens the database to fit that screen size.
Where do I find the code that is fired up on opening the database?
Thanks
David

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 02:19
I am posting a new question about the latest version release of VBe7 (VBA 7).
In your Tools References - or MS Access File - Help System Information in the loaded modules.

While researching, I did read that once going to VB7 - you can't go back to VB6.
Don't know if this is the case, but it might be.

wdrspens

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:19
I have now had a look at my colleague's MS Access 2010 program, and it appears that when trying to open the files saved in my MS Access 2013 program he gets an error saying undefined function “date” in expression!
That has me completely stumped - it works perfectly well in MS Access 2013 and worked in my MS Access 2010 before I updated, but now does not work.

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Today, 04:19
and worked in my MS Access 2010 before I updated, but now does not work.

The trouble is you touched the file with a higher release of Access. That version updated the file and now lesser versions are unable to open it.

Same old story... opening An A'97 DB with A2000, opening A2003 DB with A2007, and so on...

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Today, 04:19
Where do I find the code that is fired up on opening the database?

Autoexec macro
Current Database category (Access Options) \ Application Options \ Display Form

blucas89

Local time
Today, 05:19
The trouble is you touched the file with a higher release of Access. That version updated the file and now lesser versions are unable to open it.

Same old story... opening An A'97 DB with A2000, opening A2003 DB with A2007, and so on...

I'm having the exact same problem, except between A2013 and A2007...Is that it...no solution?

Was working fine between both versions until today when I created a new Macro in A2013 and my colleague was no longer able to open the database. (gives following error translated from portuguese: "Database format unrecognized...")

I'm fairly new to access but one solution I got from checking out forums that I've tried was to create a new Database and import all objects not including the 2013 ones. But this seems to downsize the file (from a 250Mb to 10,7Mb). My database uses remote and local entries...I'm clueless. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks,
Lucas

Last edited:

Psychomiklos

Local time
Today, 01:19
Ensure that the vba references do not reference office 15, there are some that you will not be able to remove these will revert to office 14 when opened in 2010.

If you can access the code using 2010 do a compile and they should be able to use the database on 2010 with the new changes you have made, assuming they are functions that are supported by 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom